Essential Skills for Leading and Managing Others
- Traditional Classroom: 1-day
- Virtual Instructor-led: Two 3-3.5 hour sessions; Three 2-hour sessions
This course is focused on strengthening management and leadership skills through understanding the role of the manager in creating and managing positive change and using foundation tools to build effective teams, manage communications, and effectively facilitate team meetings. Participants use their own supervisory and management challenges as their “case example” throughout the learning process and practice applying the tools, skills, and techniques to their own management situations.
Individuals who will benefit from this course include mid-level and front-line supervisors and managers and team leaders. The program is especially useful for "home-grown" supervisors and managers who have come up through the ranks of their organization.
- Enhance your understanding, skills, and abilities to be successful in the role of a manager.
- Know your manager strengths and grow your potential.
- Work effectively with difference — adapt and adjust your own style to communicate and influence effectively.
- Develop performance management strategies and best practices.
- Describe and demonstrate the leadership mindset.
- Utilize emotional intelligence to navigate difficult situations.
Module 1: The Manager’s Role
- Skills Needed
- Qualities and Behaviors of Effective Managers
- Challenges and Needs
Module 2: Managing Performance
- Review of Session 1
- Seven Factors of Job Performance
- Setting Performance Expectations
- Situational Leadership
- Delegation and Motivation
- Bridge Work: Watch Two Videos
Module 3: Interaction Skills/Managing Difficult Situations
- Review of Session 2 and Bridge Work
- Skills and Behaviors
- Challenging Conversations
- Utilizing Emotional Intelligence
- The Art of Feedback
- Course Summary
- Ongoing Actions — Action Planning
MDV4002a Course Code
For more information on this topic, as well as how Corporate Education Group can help power your organization’s performance, contact us via email or call 1.800.288.7246 (US only) or +1.978.649.8200. You can also use the Info Request Form below!