Building Emotional Intelligence
- Traditional Classroom: 1-day
- Virtual Instructor-led: Two 3-3.5 hour sessions; Three 2-hour sessions
Individuals who will benefit from this course include anyone at any level who wants to develop their emotional intelligence and build stronger relationships.
- Self-assess proficiency in four domains of emotional intelligence (EI).
- “Track ” emotions in your mind and body.
- Articulate ways to build self-awareness.
- Describe techniques for de-escalating personal emotional responses.
- Decode emotions in another person.
- Practice active listening techniques in a real-life scenario.
- Connect a productive conversation mindset with a positive outcome.
Session 1: Starting with Self
- Welcome and Introductions
- Course Goal and Objectives
- Opening Activities
- Emotional Intelligence in the Workplace
The Five Key Skills of Emotional Intelligence
- Interpersonal Relationships
Starting with Self
- Emotional Intelligence Skills Self-Assessment
- Activity: Decoding Emotions — Listening to “The Music ”
- The Importance of Congruent Communication
- Activity: How the Body Keeps Score
- Getting to Emotional Neutral
- Acting by Choice, not Impulse
- Monitoring Your Self-Talk
- Identifying Unhelpful Thinking Patterns
Session 2: Building Relationships
Perceptions Versus Reality
- The Paradigm of “Seeing ”
- Intention vs. Impact
- Class Activity: Story Time
- Ladder of Inference Model
- Video: Rethinking Thinking
- Effective Communication Requirements
- Class Discussion: Communication Filters
- Group Activity: Decoding Emotions
Listening to Understand
- Listening Skills Spectrogram Activity
- Three Levels of Listening
- Using Empathy to Tune into Emotion
- Nonverbal and Verbal Listening Techniques
- Paired Activity: Listening Actively
A Productive Conversation Mindset
- Productive Mindset = Outcome Thinking
- Group Activity: Making a Change
- Emotional Intelligence Force-Field Analysis
Wrap-Up and Personal Action Planning
MDV1493 Course Code
For more information on this topic, as well as how Corporate Education Group can help power your organization’s performance, contact us via email or call 1.800.288.7246 (US only) or +1.978.649.8200. You can also use the Info Request Form below!