Accelerate Your Team’s Performance with the Five Behaviors of a Cohesive Team®
- Traditional Classroom: 1-day
- Virtual Instructor-led: Two 3-3.5 hour sessions; Three 2-hour sessions
The dynamics of “teaming” are more complex than ever before. Whether collaborating through screens or in person, in real-time or across time zones (or a combination of all four), building an engaged and productive team is challenging. Based on the international bestseller The Five Dysfunctions of a Team, this workshop is designed specifically for intact teams — to help them drive results through cohesive teamwork using a powerful, research-based model.
The Five Behaviors® of a Cohesive Team model takes the form of a pyramid, with each behavior serving as a foundation for the next: building trust, generating productive conflict, achieving commitment, embracing accountability, and focusing on results. On our team, what behaviors derail productivity and fracture trust? What actions foster accountability and drive connection? Delivering personalized and tangible insights for each team member, this session will empower both teams and individuals to make a lasting, authentic change.
This interactive workshop is a unique and impactful team learning experience. It will help team members shape new and more productive behaviors, creating a common language that redefines what it means to collaborate.
This course is specifically designed for intact teams of 5-12 people who have been working together for 6 weeks or more.
- Describe each component of the Five Behaviors model.
- Assess the current state of your team on each of the five behaviors.
- Locate each team member’s Everything DiSC® style on a team map.
- Identify conflict behaviors that are acceptable and those that are unacceptable on your team.
- Achieve commitment on your team’s top priority in the short term.
- List concrete behaviors to enhance team accountability.
Assessment: Before the workshop, participants will take an online Five Behaviors of a Cohesive Team® Team Development Assessment, which will take approximately 20 minutes to complete.
Overview of the Five Behaviors Model
- Introductions, Goal, and Learning Objectives
- Opening Activities
- The Five Behaviors of the Cohesive Team® Model
- How Are We Doing? Team Survey
Behavior 1: Building Trust
- Personal Histories
- Your Everything DiSC® Style
- Team DiSC Map
- Trust-Building Behaviors
Behavior 2: Mastering Conflict
- How Do You React to Conflict?
- The Conflict Continuum
- Healthy and Unhealthy Conflict
- Conflict Behaviors
Behavior 3: Achieving Commitment
- Establishing Priorities
- Making Decisions
- Commitment Behaviors
Behavior 4: Embracing Accountability
- What Does It Mean to Be “Accountable”?
- The Importance of Feedback
- Establishing a Feedback Culture
- Accountability Behaviors
Behavior 5: Focusing on Results
- Accountability to Results
- Video: Team without Focus on Results
- Video: Team with Focus on Results
- Common Distractions to Focusing on Results
Summary and Next Steps
- Personal Action Plan
- Team Action Plan
MDV091 Course Code
For more information on this topic, as well as how Corporate Education Group can help power your organization’s performance, contact us via email or call 1.800.288.7246 (US only) or +1.978.649.8200. You can also use the Info Request Form below!