Aligning and Strengthening Your High-Performing Team
- Traditional Classroom: 1-day
- Virtual Instructor-led: Two 3-3.5 hour sessions; Three 2-hour sessions
Hybrid teams come with its own set of unique challenges and benefits. With remote collaboration, communication has to increase — teams need to use more communication channels, do more one-on-one check-ins, leverage video for visual cues, and intentionally connect with one another. Additionally, special attention needs to be paid to defining and building team culture. In this highly interactive course you will identify your own communication style and preferences and learn specific techniques for flexing your style to meet the needs of the team. We will explore ways to optimize team dynamics and communication, creating a team charter to drive authorship and ownership of enhanced team performance.
This course is specifically designed for intact, high-performing teams working in hybrid environments.
- Infer how your personality impacts your communication preferences.
- Determine how communication styles and combinations impact working with others.
- Identify ways to problem solve communication challenges when others have different styles.
- Define mutual expectations and accountability practices within the team.
- Utilize key tools and techniques to build rapport, gain trust, and manage group dynamics.
- Take specific actions to foster accountability and enhance team performance.
Everything DiSC® Online Self-Assessment
- Welcome and Introductions
- Course Goals and Objective
- Opening Activities
Communicating with Impact
- The Medium and the Message
- Communication Filters
- A Lesson from the Archery Range
- Personality and Communication Styles
- Video: Introduction to Everything DiSC®
- Cornerstone Principles of DiSC
- Activity: Personality Styles Within the Team
- Practical Application
- Exploring Your Everything DiSC Report
- Priorities of Your DiSC Style
- Activity: DiSC Style Motivators and Stressors
- Activity: DiSC Style Contributions to the Workplace
- Summary and Homework
- Read pages 8 — 11 in your DiSC report
- Identify which DiSC style:
- Is the easiest for you to communicate with
- Is the most challenging for you to communicate with
Module Two: Building Trust and Team Culture
Continuous Improvement: Team Communication
- Opening Activity: Reading the Signs
- Review of Individual Styles and Team Composition
- SWOT Analysis: Team Communication
- Conflict Basics
- Activity: How Do You React to Conflict?
- Functional Versus Dysfunctional Conflict
- Functional Conflict and Innovation
- Stages of Team Development
- DiSC Styles and Conflict
How Trust Impacts Performance
- Five Behaviors of a Cohesive Team
- Google’s Project Aristotle
- Psychological Safety and Trust
- Structure and Clarity
- Autonomy and Authorship
- Video: The Speed of Trust
- Activity: Psychological Safety and Success
- Summary and Next Steps
MDV1116 Course Code
For more information on this topic, as well as how Corporate Education Group can help power your organization’s performance, contact us via email or call 1.800.288.7246 (US only) or +1.978.649.8200. You can also use the Info Request Form below!