Strategic Leaders Learning Journey
- Virtual Program: 16 learning hours paced over 6 weeks
- Pre-program DiSC® Assessment
- Five Virtual Learning Sessions
- Intentional Communication
- Leveraging Diverse Thinking to Drive Innovation
- Seeing the Vision: How to Think Strategically
- Leading Sustainable Change
- Making the Vision Real: How to Drive Change and Delivery Results
- Four Self-Paced Prework Learning Assignments
- One 60-minute 1-1 Coaching Session
- Post Program: Debrief with manager
- Duration: 6 weeks
Before the Program
DiSC® behavioral Assessment (30 min)
Session 1: Intentional Communication (4 hours)
Communication is the foundation skillset from which all other interpersonal skills build. In this session, we will use the DiSC® framework to explore how your personality impacts your communication preferences. We’ll investigate the priorities, stressors, and motivators that map to various DiSC styles, giving you insight into how to better communicate and connect with others.
- The Goal of Communication
- Tailoring and Targeting Your Message
- Exploring Your DiSC® Report
- The Four Basic DiSC® Styles
- Personalizing Your Report
Key Takeaway: At the end of this session you will be able to identify priorities, stressors, and motivators that map to various DiSC® styles, enabling you to communicate more effectively with others.
Prework for Session 2
Session 2: Leveraging Diverse Thinking to Drive Innovation (3 hours)
This session focuses on the benefits of encouraging diversity of perspectives and experiences when working in teams, specifically to promote idea generation and creative problem solving. By working with a variety of different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives, individuals will discover connections and build stronger relationships within their teams.
- The Value of Cognitive Diversity
- Insights from Neuroscience
- Creative Problem Solving and Innovation
- Brainstorming and Brain “Swarming”
- Productive Conflict and Pivotal Conversations
Key Takeaway: At the end of this session you will be able to leverage diverse thinking to drive innovation by recognizing the benefits of encouraging diversity of perspectives, experiences, and backgrounds in teams, promoting idea generation, creative problem-solving, and fostering stronger relationships.
Prework for Session 3
Session 3: Seeing the Vision: How to Think Strategically (3 hours)
Strategic thinking is a cornerstone of effective leadership. It enables leaders to chart a course for their organization, make informed decisions, adapt to change, and create a competitive advantage. In this session we will develop an understanding of the strategic thinking mindset; how organizational and personal biases can influence and distort the ability to think strategically; and learn how to apply strategic thinking skills within an organization.
- What Is Strategic Thinking?
- Types of Organizational Cultures
- Cognitive Biases that Distort Perceptions
- The Connection Between Creativity and Strategy
- It’s All About the Questions
- Applying Strategic Thinking: Case Study
Key Takeaway: At the end of this session you will be able to define strategic thinking; differentiate between strategic planning, strategy development and strategy management; and contribute to a vision for changing your business.
Prework for Session 4
Session 4: Leading Sustainable Change (3 hours)
A key role in leadership today is interpreting and working with a continuous flow of change. Change is essential for organizational growth and survival and being a change leader for your team is vital for its operational success. In this session you will delve into the intricacies of leading change initiatives within organizations and develop the skills and insights necessary to navigate the ever-evolving landscape of organizational transformation effectively.
- Foundational Change Concepts
- Change Management Processes
- Change Leadership
- Planning and Implementing Change
- Summary and Next Steps
Key Takeaway: At the end of this session you will be able to lead people successfully through change in your organization by using models and processes to produce outcomes that are practical and sustainable.
Prework for Session 5
Session 5: Making the Vision Real: How to Drive Change and Deliver Results (3 hours)
Leaders drive strategy and change within an organization. However, developing a strategic plan is only part of the process. Guiding its execution and nurturing a culture of adaptability and accountability is what really delivers the results. In this session we will cover how strategy helps identify change opportunities; the tactics needed to deliver change results; and how a project oriented approach can be used to execute strategy and deliver the desired change outcomes.
- The Basics
- The Situation
- The Power of Projects
- The Scope Story
- The Opportunity
- The Solution
- The Work
- Making It Real: Delivering Results
- Project Best Practices: Applying What Works
Key Takeaway: At the end of this session you will have built your tactical and strategic skills to drive change using a structured and project-based approach and deliver the results needed within your organization.
The program concludes with a 60 minute 1-1 coaching session. Participants receive targeted feedback and finalize their action plans to successfully “launch” into the next phase of their careers. Individually, participants will discuss with their managers their key learnings and what opportunities they have to apply their new knowledge into their work.
MDV2060 Course Code
For more information on this topic, as well as how Corporate Education Group can help power your organization’s performance, contact us via email or call 1.800.288.7246 (US only) or +1.978.649.8200. You can also use the Info Request Form below!