Next-Level Teaming and Collaboration Using the Five Behaviors of a Cohesive Team®
- Traditional Classroom: ½-day
- Virtual Instructor-led: Two 3-hour sessions
Over the past several years, there has been a dramatic change in when, where, and how we work. What hasn’t changed, however, is the need for people to work together to achieve shared goals... and the need for organizations to get things done through the power of teams. Whether you work on a team that is hybrid, virtual, or in-person, the Five Behaviors model will help you develop and demonstrate the principles of excellence in teamwork.
Built upon decades of research, the Five Behaviors framework takes the form of a pyramid. Starting at the bottom and working upward, each behavior serves as a foundation for the next: building trust, generating productive conflict, achieving commitment, embracing accountability, and focusing on results. In this highly interactive session, you will explore your relationship to each of the five behaviors, including areas where you may be excelling or struggling.
This workshop is designed for organizations looking to optimize collaboration and create a culture of teamwork.
This course is designed for anyone who works full-time or part-time on a team.
- Describe each component of the Five Behaviors model.
- Identify your personal tendencies with each of the five behaviors.
- Articulate concrete ways to build vulnerability-based trust on your team.
- Describe the dynamic connection between productive conflict and team commitment.
- List actions to take to enhance personal and team accountability.
- Identify steps you can take to become a more effective team member.
Assessment: Before the workshop, participants will take an online Five Behaviors of a Cohesive Team® Personal Development Assessment, which will take approximately 20 minutes to complete.
Overview of the Five Behaviors Model
- Introductions, Goal, and Learning Objectives
- Opening Activities
- The Five Behaviors of the Cohesive Team® Model
Behavior 1: Building Trust
- Barriers and Bridges to Building Trust
- What Does It Mean to Be Vulnerable?
- Trust Scenarios
- Enhancing Vulnerability
- Connecting Trust and Conflict
Behavior 2: Mastering Conflict
- How Do You React to Conflict?
- What Do You Contribute to Conflict?
- Conflict Continua
- Connecting Conflict and Commitment
Behavior 3: Achieving Commitment
- The Difference Between Clarity and Buy-In
- Barriers to Commitment
- Go Get It... or Get Over It
- Connecting Commitment and Accountability
Behavior 4: Embracing Accountability
- How Do You Handle Feedback?
- Accountability Continua
- Video: Accountability in Action
- Connecting Accountability and Results
Behavior 5: Focusing on Results
- Results: Your Motivators and Stressors
- Leveraging Your Motivators
- Personalizing Your Results Habits
Workshop Summary and Next Steps
- Personal Action Plan
MDV091a Course Code
For more information on this topic, as well as how Corporate Education Group can help power your organization’s performance, contact us via email or call 1.800.288.7246 (US only) or +1.978.649.8200. You can also use the Info Request Form below!