Innovation Leadership for Non-Technical Leaders
- Virtual Program: Three 3-hour Sessions — delivered over 3 weeks
Designed specifically for non-technical leaders, our Innovation Leadership for Non-Technical Leaders course will equip participants with the skills and knowledge to cultivate a culture of innovation. Over the span of three dynamic sessions, participants will learn how to create an environment that fosters creativity and encourages the generation of new ideas.
- Virtual Program (9 learning hours delivered over 3 weeks)
- Three Virtual Learning Sessions
- Creating an Innovation Culture (3 hours)
- Design Thinking Part I (3 hours)
- Design Thinking Part II (3 hours
Session 1: Creating an Innovation Culture (3 hours)
A culture of Innovation is an environment that fosters and encourages creativity and new ideas. To be successful in nurturing the creative potential of employees, the right climate, systems and structures must be in place.
- Benefits of an innovation mindset
- Drivers of Innovation
- Key characteristics of an Innovation Culture
- Systems and structures to promote an Innovation Culture
- Your role as leaders and change agents
- Learn the importance of supporting and encouraging risk taking behavior
- Create an environment that allows people to create, ideate, develop and successfully implement breakthrough ideas
- Understand the interpersonal dynamics that encourage people’s creativity and increase the chance that it results in new ways of creating value
- Learn how to role model innovation behaviors and practices
Session 2: Design Thinking Part I (3 hours)
The ability to successfully innovate starts with a change in mindset. Design Thinking is a fun and powerful innovation approach that teaches you how to quickly create viable, user-centric solutions. This Design Thinking workshop is a hands-on, interactive experience applying the Design Thinking framework WITH your customers so you can ensure you develop solutions that meet their true needs.
- Apply the Design Thinking approach to create an innovative solution for your customer
- Experience the Design Thinking approach as a customer by working side by side with your designer
- Learn how to empathize with customers/ target audience
- Learn tools and techniques to generate as many ideas as possible
- Experience a hands-on experiment with a new mindset of human-centered design
Session 3: Design Thinking Part II (3 hours)
Building on the knowledge gained in Part I, this session delves deeper into the Design Thinking framework, methods, and mindsets. Participants will learn techniques for engaging with customers, conducting interviews, and creating journey maps to gain deep insights. They will explore how to translate these insights into innovative ideas and the importance of rapid prototyping. Through collaborative exercises, participants will experience design work from both the perspective of a designer and a recipient of design. They will develop a positive attitude towards new ways of thinking and learning.
- Describe the Design Thinking framework, methods and mindsets
- Engaging with customers for deep insights
- How to prepare and conduct a customer interview
- Describe the basics of a journey map
- Translate insights and observations into ideas
- Understand the benefits of rapid prototyping
- Work with a partner to experience how design work feels as a designer and as a recipient of a design
- Experience how working quickly while listening deeply to customers results in new ideas that are welcomed by the customer
- Form a positive attitude about and openness to new ways to think and learn
For full program details, view the brochure or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
MDV2017 Course Code
For more information on this topic, as well as how Corporate Education Group can help power your organization’s performance, contact us via email or call 1.800.288.7246 (US only) or +1.978.649.8200. You can also use the Info Request Form below!