Interaction Skills for Impact and Influence
- Traditional Classroom: 2-day
- Virtual Instructor-led: Four 3-hour sessions
Individual and team success depends upon the ability of individuals to interact effectively with others, face-to-face as well as virtually. Every interaction with another person determines how you are perceived and every interaction is an opportunity to develop trust and exert positive influence.
This course develops your ability to demonstrate emotional intelligence, choosing responses that will lead to positive outcomes, tune in to your audience, and utilize a productive mindset to drive successful interactions. Your ability to create an environment for open discussion and ongoing dialogue is crucial for interpersonal success. The communications skills covered in this course will increase your ability to exercise choice and control for every type of conversation, influence without authority, and improve quality of relationships and productivity.
Individuals who will benefit from this course include managers, leaders, team members, individual contributors, and individuals whose success depends on the ability to communicate clearly.
- Develop well-defined goals for more effective communication.
- Create an open environment for communication.
- Build stronger relationships through powerful communication.
- Understand other people’s communication styles and needs.
- Facilitate effective team and meeting communications.
- Gain the confidence to deal with difficult communication situations.
- How to develop a positive mindset
- How to determine the most effective methods for delivery
- The five competencies for Emotional Intelligence
- Foundation tools for setting the stage for successful interactions
- How to identify and develop methods to break down communication barriers
- How to combine four key components and five basic communication skills to communicate with impact
- How to expand on your communication skills with techniques and strategies to influence others’ behaviors and develop more collaborative working environments
- How to plan an influencing strategy by identifying your desired outcome and developing the best approach for achieving positive results
- Face-to-face and virtual facilitation and meeting communication skills
Module 1: Set the Foundation
- Foundation Tools
- Interaction Success Factors
- Interaction Styles Self-Assessment
- Strengths, Challenges, Skills Development
- Team Interaction Exercise
Module 2: Principles for Interactions
- Six Principles to Guide Interactions
- Outcome Thinking
- Developing a Productive Mindset
- Communication Processes and Skills
- Building Rapport
- Listening for Understanding
- Listening Self-Assessment
- Build and Earn Trust
Module 3: Emotional Intelligence
- Five Competencies of Emotional Intelligence
- Personal and Professional Benefits
- Applying Emotional Intelligence
- Emotional Intelligence Abilities
Module 4: Giving and Receiving Feedback
- Best Practices
- DESC Model
- Constructive Feedback Practice
Module 5: Influencing Without Authority
- Expand Your Circle of Influence
- Influencing Skills
- Guidelines, Techniques, and Influencing Situations
- Practice Application: Influencing Exercise with Feedback
Module 6: Dealing with Difficulty/Managing Conflict
- Choice and Control Model
- Causes of Difficult Interactions
- Managing Conflict
- Conflict Styles
- Conflict Reactions
- CALM Model
- Conflict Situations Application Exercise
Module 7: Summary and Action Plans
- Plans for Ongoing Development
MDV1044 Course Code
For more information on this topic, as well as how Corporate Education Group can help power your organization’s performance, contact us via email or call 1.800.288.7246 (US only) or +1.978.649.8200. You can also use the Info Request Form below!