Leading Change Initiatives
- Traditional Classroom: 1-day
- Virtual Instructor-led: Two 3-3.5 hour sessions; Three 2-hour sessions
This training session prepares participants to accelerate change initiatives not just successfully, but also sustainably. By building sustainability into the change design and implementation plan, leaders can better help their team adapt to changes in the workplace.
This course is designed for mid-level managers and those who are managers of managers with at least four years of experience managing others.
- Apply change leadership techniques successfully and efficiently.
- Build sustainability into the change design and implementation process.
- Help people adapt to changes in their work environment without compromising their productivity.
- Communicate with impact.
Accelerate change initiatives by building a clear and sustainable change design and implementation plan.
- Discuss Change in Your Organization: What Makes the Next Level a Challenge?
- Select a Change Initiative for Group Activities
- Why Is Change Leadership Important?
- The Change Effectiveness Equation and Gaining Acceptance
Creating a Sense of Urgency
- Understanding the Need for Change
- Creating a Sense of Urgency
- Video: John Kotter on Sense of Urgency
- Threat vs. Opportunity Matrix
Personal Readiness for Change
- Individual Activity: Self-Check on Change
- The Transition Curve
- Reactions and Approaches to Change
- Reframing Reactions — Recognize, Identify, Reframe, and Move Forward
- Craft Open and Honest Change Dialogs
- The Sphere of Influence — Focus Your Energy on What You Can Influence and Control
- Building Individual Commitment
- Leading Change and Transition
Shaping the Vision
- Shaping the Vision — Key Phrases
- Backwards Imaging Approach
- Bulley’s Eye and More of/Less of — Focus the Vision on Behaviors
Engaging and Enabling the Organization
- Using a Stakeholder Analysis
- Adoption Life Cycle
- Mobilizing Commitment
- Creating Short-Term Wins
Changing Systems and Structures
- Recognizing and Aligning Systems and Structures
- Three-Step Alignment Process
- Identify Key Systems and Structures
- Current Systems and Structures Assessment
- Creating Future Systems and Structures
Implementing and Sustaining Change
- Monitoring Progress
- Past, Present, Future, Action Model for Implementing Change
- Using a Roles and Responsibilities Chart to Ensure Engagement
- Implementation Planning
- Sustaining Change — Prioritization, Integration, Operationalization. Recalibration, Determination
- Cultural Norms Assessment Tool
- Sustaining Change — Assessment and Pitfalls
Review and Summary
- Key Learnings
- Action Plans
- Next Steps
MDI1348 Course Code
For more information on this topic, as well as how Corporate Education Group can help power your organization’s performance, contact us via email or call 1.800.288.7246 (US only) or +1.978.649.8200. You can also use the Info Request Form below!