Strategy Planning & Execution
- Traditional Classroom: 1-day
- Virtual Instructor-led: Two 3-3.5 hour sessions; Three 2-hour sessions
Strategic thinking is the ability to see the total enterprise, spot the trends, understand the competitive landscape, and see where the organization needs to go to make it relevant in the future. This program will guide participants through the strategy development and implementation process. The focus of the program is to provide leaders the tools and opportunity to develop their ability to create clear business strategies that help define and scope the direction of your organization and that are aligned with your organization’s vision. This course ties together the ideas learned in class using a case study on an express shipping company.
Individuals who will benefit from this course include mid-level managers as well as leaders of leaders.
- Define the strategic planning process.
- Set a strategy in line with the organization’s vision.
- Set objectives and strategy measurements.
- Manage the strategic change process.
Module 1: What Is Strategy — Execution
- Intro & Session Objectives
- Individual and Group Activity: Strategy Health Check
- Understanding Strategy & Execution
- Strategic Objectives
- Strategic Outcomes
- Foundational Strategy Models
- Group Activity: Develop an external position regarding your organization and regarding competitors
Module 2: Setting up for Success
- Landing Page & Key Performance Questions (KPQs)
- Partner Activity: Write and answer three KPQs and give/receive feedback
- Gathering & Analyzing Data
- Group Activity: Using Porter’s Five Forces
- Group Activity: Perform a SWOT Analysis
Module 3: Defining & Implementing the Plan
- Forecast the Future
- Advanced Strategic Thinking — Coalesce
- Group Activity: Blue Ocean — Innovative Strategy
- Defining the Vision & Aligning the Strategies
- Aligning Goals & Objectives with Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Group Activity: Are your goals SMART?
- Strategy Formulation
- Partner Activity: Aligning Key Performance Questions to Strategic Focus
Module 4: Communicating the Path Forward
- Translate the Strategy — G.R.O.W. Model
- Group Activity: Using the G.R.O.W. Model
- Managing the Change
- Group Activity: Review and analyze the case study
MDV5009 Course Code
For more information on this topic, as well as how Corporate Education Group can help power your organization’s performance, contact us via email or call 1.800.288.7246 (US only) or +1.978.649.8200. You can also use the Info Request Form below!