Coaching with Impact in a Virtual Environment
- Traditional Classroom: 2-day
- Virtual Instructor-led: Four 3-hour sessions
If you are managing people, at some point you’ll need to step into the role (or the mindset) of a coach. Coaching demands focus, empathy, attunement, self-awareness, and self-discipline. Demonstrating these essential qualities in a virtual environment presents a unique set of challenges and opportunities. In this course we will explore and practice skills and techniques to help you co-create a virtual coaching relationship that facilitates learning and results.
This course is targeted toward individuals who lead teams or manage others with whom they need to connect virtually. You don’t need to have “coach” in your title to benefit from enhancing the skills covered in this class, which include: deep listening, powerful questioning, compassionate presence, and direct communication... all optimized for a virtual environment.
- Articulate ways to build psychological safety and trust in a virtual environment.
- Leverage available technology to maximize interpersonal connection.
- Practice the three levels of listening essential for coaching.
- Develop and utilize powerful questioning techniques to facilitate personal insight.
- Align an individual’s foundational values with goals and actions.
- Leverage a Situational Coaching model to meet the evolving needs of coaches.
Module 1: Setting the Foundation
- Establishing a Coaching Agreement
- Coaching Models
- Preparing for the First Session
- Getting into the Coaching Mindset
- Tools and Technologies for Virtual Coaching
- Building Trust in a Virtual Environment
- Psychological Safety as “Container”
- Demonstrating Engagement
- Activating High-Trust Behaviors
- Three Pillars — Coaching Tasks, Coaching Skills, and Emotional Intelligence
Module 2: Coaching Competencies
- Personal SWOT Analysis — Coaching Capabilities
- Three Levels of Listening
- Listening in a Virtual Environment
- Scenario Practice in Pairs or Triads
Module 2: Coaching Competencies (cont.)
- Asking Powerful Questions
- Types of Powerful Questions
- Becoming Curious
- Formulating and Asking Questions
- Communicating Directly
- Coaching Conversation Practice
Module 3: Facilitating Learning and Results
- Flexing Your Style — Situational Coaching
- Creating Awareness
- Designing Actions
- Planning and Goal Setting
- Managing Progress and Accountability
- Creating Your Personal Action Plan
For an updated schedule for this course, please call us at 1.800.288.7246 (US) or +1.978.649.8200.
MDV864 Course Code
For more information on this topic, as well as how Corporate Education Group can help power your organization’s performance, contact us via email or call 1.800.288.7246 (US only) or +1.978.649.8200. You can also use the Info Request Form below!