Influencing with Impact
- Traditional Classroom: 1-day
- Virtual Instructor-led: Two 3-3.5 hour sessions; Three 2-hour sessions
Effective influence doesn’t just happen. How do you get colleagues, your manager, and other people to buy into your ideas and your needs? Being able to accurately read situations, individuals, and groups and apply the appropriate type of influence behavior is essential to becoming successful at leading and impacting others. This course will teach you to be a successful leader by influencing others with building and maintaining the relationship.
Individuals who will benefit from this course include managers, team leaders, project managers, supervisors, customer service representatives, salespeople, and individuals who need to get things done through others.
- Identify your strengths and areas for improvement as an influencer.
- Describe the four general approaches and ten specific influence behaviors.
- Leverage IDEAL® questioning to generate commitment and buy-in from others.
- Select and practice your influence skills in realistic situations.
- Influence Model — Introduction to an influence model representing the use of four general approaches to influence and ten specific behaviors.
- Influence Strengths and Prework Survey — During the course, the influence prework report and structured feedback exercises will be used to identify strengths and areas for improvement as an influencer.
- Leading and Inspiring Others — Emphasize the influence approaches and behaviors that can be used to lead and inspire others, including several practical tips and guidelines.
- Influencing Upward — Learn a variety of tips and techniques that are crucial when influencing higher-level managers.
- Influence Planning and Real-Life Applications — Learn a planning process to select the specific influence behaviors that will help you accomplish your goals and objectives and apply the framework to an actual, real-life situation.
- A prework survey will be used to identify natural strengths as an influencer as well as areas for improvement.
Module 1: Positive Influence
- Influence Introduction and Overview
- Overview of Successful Influencers
- Role-Play Preparation and Application
- Three Factors That Set Successful Influencers Apart
Module 2: Influence Model
- Four Approaches
- The 10 Influence Behaviors
- Prework Interpretation
Module 3: Questioning and Listening
- Influencing Virtually
- Influencing Through Email
- Verbal Active Listening Techniques
- IDEAL® Questioning
- Skill Practice Exercises
Module 4: Leadership and Influence Skills
- Collaborative Communication
- Influencing Upward with Teams
- Adjusting Your Plan and Strategy
Module 5: Influence Planning Process
- Planning Process Overview
- Influence Planning Form
- Role-Play Exercise: The Project
MDV216 Course Code
For more information on this topic, as well as how Corporate Education Group can help power your organization’s performance, contact us via email or call 1.800.288.7246 (US only) or +1.978.649.8200. You can also use the Info Request Form below!