- Traditional Classroom: ½-day
- Virtual Instructor-led: One 4-hour session; Two 2-hour sessions; One 3-hour session
This course is designed for anyone who wants to learn techniques for managing stress, building resilience, and cultivate their physical well-being.
- Distinguish between positive and negative stress.
- Describe the physiological impact of chronic stress.
- Create a personal strength-based resilience map.
- Discover new ways to cope with personal pressures.
- Identify personal thinking traps and limiting beliefs.
Positive and Negative Stress
- Our Current Reality
- Class Activity: Rate Your Current Stress Level and Identify Factors Driving It
- Defining Positive and Negative Stress
The Biology of Stress
- The Triune Brain
- Amygdala Hijack
- Warning Signs of Distress
Building and Sustaining Resilience
- What Is Resilience?
- Time Management Organization Framework
- Discussion: How Do You Recover?
- Model of Resilience
- Coping Skills
- Making/Finding Meaning
- Physical Well-Being
- Emotional Health
- Social Support
Mindset and the Locus of Control
- The Locus of Control
- Shifting Perspective
- Individual and Group Activity: Closed Door, Open Door
The Impact of Mindfulness on Stress
- Enhancing Focus and Awareness in Work and Life
- Responding to Stress
- Class Activity: Practicing Mindfulness
- Monitoring Your Self-Talk and Unhelpful Thinking Patterns
Fostering Social Support
- Connect Intentionally and Build Team Culture
- The 4 S’s of Resilience — Support, Self, Strategies, Solutions
- Individual and Group Activity: Your 4 S Resilience Map
Cultivating Physical Well-Being
- Visualization and Relaxation Techniques
- Self-Regulation Strategy: SOSS
- Chair Yoga
Wrap-Up and Next Steps
MDV1919-3 Course Code
For more information on this topic, as well as how Corporate Education Group can help power your organization’s performance, contact us via email or call 1.800.288.7246 (US only) or +1.978.649.8200. You can also use the Info Request Form below!