How to Think Strategically and Deliver Results
- Traditional Classroom: 1-day
- Virtual Instructor-led: Two 3-3.5 hour sessions; Three 2-hour sessions
Strategic thinking is having the ability to advance the interests of the organization by managing issues that have broad and long-term impact. This program will guide participants through strategy development and implementation practices by guiding participants on ways to think strategically and how to translate strategy to reality. The course ties in the link from strategy to implementation through a case study on a health care company.
This course is designed for:
- Anyone who works on projects and wants to refine their problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Anyone who wishes to grow their ability to think strategically to deliver value and results.
- Define strategic thinking.
- Think strategically.
- Differentiate between strategic thinking and strategy management.
- Transform strategy into meaningful results.
Pre-Course Work (Optional)
- Read: Cognitive Biases That Distort Perceptions
Module One: Understanding Strategic Thinking and Strategy Development
- Intro & Session Objectives
- Prework Review: Cognitive Biases That Distort Perceptions
- The Nature, Purpose, and Scope of Strategic Thinking
- What Is Strategic Thinking
- What Is Strategy
- Strategy vs. Operations
- Foundational Strategy Models
Module 2: Being Strategic
- Value Map
- Crafting Strategy: Case Study
Model 3: Communicating Strategy
- Sharing the Story: Case Study
- Strategy Health Check Activity
Model 4: Making It Real
- What Is Project Management?
- Project Management Life Cycles
- Applying Project Management to Deliver Results: Case Study
- Opportunity Statement
- Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) Activity
Summary and Action Planning
MDV1594 Course Code
For more information on this topic, as well as how Corporate Education Group can help power your organization’s performance, contact us via email or call 1.800.288.7246 (US only) or +1.978.649.8200. You can also use the Info Request Form below!