Defining the Leader in You
- Traditional Classroom: 1-day
- Virtual Instructor-led: Two 3-3.5 hour sessions; Three 2-hour sessions
During this course participants will experience a blend of team application exercises, online research, and investigative exercises to define and enhance their inner leader. This course focuses on building a strong foundation of leadership skills that will enable participants to achieve their personal development and professional objectives.
Participants who will benefit from this course include recently promoted managers and other high potentials ready to foster the leader within and build a foundation for professional excellence.
- Build a strong foundation of skills that will bring out, define, and enhance your inner leader.
- Get results through your direct reports and peers.
- Continue to evolve yourself and others as the business changes.
- Plan and organize with efficiency.
- Drive results from yourself, your direct reports, and your peers.
- Remaining flexible and adaptable.
- Assume accountability for your actions.
- Communicate with impact.
- Influence rather than command.
Module 1: Let’s Get Started
- Welcome, Introduction, and Objectives
- Exercise: Receiving and Providing Guidance
Module 2: What Is Leadership?
- Roles of the Leader
- Key Skills and Knowledge
- Exercise: Leadership vs. Management: What’s the Difference?
- Exercise: You Expect What?
Module 3: Understanding and Using Your Leadership Style
- DiSC Styles
- Flexing Your Style
- Potential Pitfalls
- Exercise: Understanding the DiSC Dimensions
Module 4: Leader as Communicator
- Communication Model
- Key Skills
- Communication Challenges
- Exercise: Listening: Top Three
- Exercise: Virtual Communication
Module 5: Getting Work Done Through Others
- Situational Leadership
- Exercise: The Challenge of Matching
- Exercise: Delegating a Task
Module 6: Accountability and Trust
- Holding Yourself and Others Accountable
- Building and Sustaining Trust
- Exercise: Trust and Accountability
Action Planning and Additional Material
- Create Your Personal Action Plan
- Light Bulb Sheet
- About DiSC
- Tips for Communicating Using DiSC as a Reference Point
- Listening Self-Assessment
MDI925 Course Code
For more information on this topic, as well as how Corporate Education Group can help power your organization’s performance, contact us via email or call 1.800.288.7246 (US only) or +1.978.649.8200. You can also use the Info Request Form below!