Critical Communications: What You Want, How You Feel, What You Say
- Traditional Classroom: 2-day
- Virtual Instructor-led: Four 3-hour sessions
Individual contributors, Managers, Team leaders, whose success depends on their ability to communicate clearly, to be understood and to influence how another person performs, and create positive working relationships.
- Develop well defined goals for more effective communication.
- Create an open environment for communication.
- Develop the skill to communicate clearly.
- Build stronger relationships through powerful communication.
- Develop an understanding of other people‘s communication styles and needs.
- Facilitate effective team and meeting communications.
- Gain the confidence to deal with difficult communication situations.
- Goals for Specific Communications — define your goals and then the most effective methods for delivery.
- The Communication Process — understand the six step process.
- Foundation Tools — for setting the stage for successful communications, one on one and with groups.
- Barriers to Effective Communication — identify and develop methods to break down those barriers.
- Communication Skills — learn how to combine the four key components and five basic skills to communicate with impact.
- Influencing Techniques — expand on communication skills, using techniques and strategies to influence other‘s behaviors and develop more collaborative working relationships.
- Planning a Communication Strategy — identify your communication outcome and plan the best approach for achieving positive results.
- Face to face and Virtual Facilitation/ Meeting Communication Skills — learn to communicate and facilitate effective group interactions.
Module 1: Introductions
- Goals, Roles, Process
- Ground Rules
- Key Relationships
- Exercise: Your Requirements
Module 2: Principles for Interactions
- The Communication Process: Six Steps
- Exercise: Evaluating Your Process
- Breaking the Barriers
- Know Your Purpose/Audience
- Craft a Compelling Message
- Outcome Thinking
- Four Components of Communication
- Exercise: Identify the Lead System
- Five Communication Skills
- Gaining Rapport
- Listening for Understanding
- Expressing Assertively
- Questioning for Information
- Exercise: Questioning
- Summarizing/Checking Back
- Listening Self-Evaluation
- Application Exercise
Module 3: Emotional Intelligence
- Five Components of Emotional Intelligence
- Exercise: Using Emotional Intelligence
- Exercise: DESC Model
- Personal Change
- Exercise: Personal Change
- Influencing Templates
- Exercise: Influencing Application
- Persuasion Triggers
Module 4: Conflict Management
- Three-Step Model
- Three Fundamental Questions
- Conflict Style
- Conflict Management Analysis
- Conflict Case Studies
Module 5: Leadership Accountability
- Difficult Conversations
- Exercise: Difficult Conversations Application
- What Teams Need
- Communication Plan
MDI357 Course Code
For more information on this topic, as well as how Corporate Education Group can help power your organization’s performance, contact us via email or call 1.800.288.7246 (US only) or +1.978.649.8200. You can also use the Info Request Form below!