- Traditional Classroom: 1-day
- Virtual Instructor-led: Two 3-3.5 hour sessions; Three 2-hour sessions
This course develops your ability to deal with any type of challenging communication. Learn to demonstrate emotional intelligence, choose responses that will lead to positive outcomes, tune in to your audience, and utilize a productive mindset to drive successful interactions. Your ability to create an environment for open discussion and ongoing dialogue is crucial for navigating your way through difficult conversations. The communications skills covered in this course will increase your ability to exercise choice and control for every type of conflict, influence without authority, and improve quality of relationships and productivity.
Individuals who will benefit from this course include managers, supervisors, and employees at any level.
- Develop well-defined goals for more effective communication.
- Create an open environment for difficult communications.
- Build stronger relationships through powerful communication.
- Develop an understanding of other people’s communication styles and needs.
- Develop confidence to deal with difficult communication situations.
- Manage and resolve conflict.
- Positive mindset
- Effective methods for delivery
- The five competencies for Emotional Intelligence
- Foundation tools for setting the stage for successful challenging interactions
- Ability to identify and develop methods to break down communication barriers
- Communication skills for successful difficult conversations
Module 1: Introduction
- Foundation Tools
- Clarification of Goals
- Identify and Utilize Common Ground for Successful Interactions
Module 2: Communication Basics
- Productive Mindset vs Non-Productive
- Developing Outcome Thinking
- Preparing the Message
Module 3: Communication Skills
- Choice and Control
- Emotional Intelligence
- Four Key Components
- Developing Trust
- Gaining Rapport
- Listening for Understanding
- Expressing Without Provoking
- Questioning for Specifics
Module 4: Challenging Situations
- Understanding and Managing Conflict
- Implementing the CALM Model
- Communicating Non-Defensively
- Dealing with Dreaded Situations
- Difficult Conversations
- Role Plays — Practice the Skills
Module 5: Summary and Action Plans
- Plans for Ongoing Development
MDI1402 Course Code
For more information on this topic, as well as how Corporate Education Group can help power your organization’s performance, contact us via email or call 1.800.288.7246 (US only) or +1.978.649.8200. You can also use the Info Request Form below!