Communicating with Clarity and Impact
- Traditional Classroom: 1-day
- Virtual Instructor-led: Two 3-3.5 hour sessions; Three 2-hour sessions
This course is designed for anyone who wants to become more effective in the way they communicate and connect with others.
- Infer how their personality impacts their communication preferences.
- Identify individual priorities, motivators, and stressors with regard to communication.
- Determine how communication styles and combinations impact work with others.
- Utilize specific strategies to enhance communication effectiveness with styles different from their own.
- Leverage knowledge of DiSC® style differences to depersonalize conflict.
- We will debrief the assessments during class.
- Welcome and Introductions
- Course Goal and Objectives
- Class Spectrogram Activity
Module 1: Debriefing the Assessment
- Communication as a Foundation Skill
- How You See Yourself
- Cornerstone Principles of DiSC
- Exploring Your Style
- Your Style Overview
- Level of Inclination Toward Your Style
- Your Priorities, Motivators, And Stressors
- Style Groups: “A Day in the Life”
Module 2: Understanding Other Styles
- Video: “Galaxy Project Part 1”
- Identifying Other Styles
- Video: “Galaxy Project Part 2”
- What Stresses Other Styles?
- Video: “Galaxy Project Part 3”
- How Other Styles React to Conflict
Module 3: Building Stronger Relationships
- Applying DiSC to interactions
- Video and Activity: Working with a “D” Style
- Video and Activity: Working with an “i” Style
- Video and Activity: Working with an “S” Style
- Video and Activity: Working with a “C” Style
- “Reading” Other People’s Styles
- Role-Play and Practice
Summary and Next Steps
- Key Concept Review
- Creating Your Personal Action Plan
MDI1371a Course Code
For more information on this topic, as well as how Corporate Education Group can help power your organization’s performance, contact us via email or call 1.800.288.7246 (US only) or +1.978.649.8200. You can also use the Info Request Form below!