Collaboration Skills for High Performance
- Traditional Classroom: 2-day
- Virtual Instructor-led: Four 3-hour sessions
Individuals who will benefit from this course include: new and experienced project managers, team members, and individuals who wish to become better collaborators in team environments.
- Gain familiarity with the seven factors project teams need to produce results.
- Develop an accountability model and understand the importance of the cycle approach to accountability.
- Learn collaboration best practices, including behaviors, values, and mindset to work collaboratively.
- Practice virtual and co-located meeting effectiveness.
- Develop tools and strategies for any type of meeting.
- Use teamwork tools used to align individuals and project teams with the organization.
- Develop team communication strategies and skills for clear communications, decision making, and positive interactions with all stakeholders.
- Learn a structured and creative problem-solving process that utilizes the team to overcome obstacles and reach project goals.
- Develop approaches and models for constructive conflict management.
- Recognize the four cores of trust and the ability to develop trusting relationships.
- Skills to collaborate effectively
- The confidence and ability to deal effectively with challenging team situations
- Facilitative leadership strategies to promote team communication, collaboration, and performance
- Tools and techniques to work with team members’ differences in communication needs and motivations
- Assessment tools and feedback to develop accountability and project team performance
Module 1: Set the Foundation
- Goals, Roles, Process
- Agenda and Ground Rules
- Collaboration Requirements
- Communication Plan
- Key Relationships
- Exercise: Team Collaboration
Module 2: Guidelines for Interactions
- Six Principles
- Relationship Success Factors
- Understand and Value Difference
- Communication Process
- Breaking Communication Barriers
Module 3: Difficult Conversations
- Emotional Intelligence
- Giving and Receiving Feedback
- Conflict Management
- Conversations and the Brain
- Balance of Advocacy and Inquiry
- Exercise: Use the Difficult Conversation Steps
- Cycle of Accountability
Module 4: Meeting Effectiveness
- Meeting Best Practices
- Remote Meetings
- Managing Meetings Before, During, and After
- Communicate for Engagement
- Decision Making
- Problem Solving
- Managing Conflict
- Prevention and Intervention Techniques
- Exercise: Situation — Outcome — Solution
MDI1002 Course Code
For more information on this topic, as well as how Corporate Education Group can help power your organization’s performance, contact us via email or call 1.800.288.7246 (US only) or +1.978.649.8200. You can also use the Info Request Form below!