Improvisational Leadership — Maximizing Productivity and Morale on the Fly
- Traditional Classroom: 2-day
- Virtual Instructor-led: Four 3-hour sessions
Individuals who will benefit from this course include leaders at all levels who want to increase innovation in everyday interactions; more positively enhance morale in subordinates; create a more energetic culture; and respond spontaneously in a motivational way.
- Build a stronger presence.
- Develop and practice positive attitudes.
- Demonstrate healthy risk taking.
- Build on strengths.
- Increase ability to respond positively in fast moving situations.
- Develop impromptu creativity.
- Improve listening and communication skills.
- Understand the responsibilities and challenges of leadership.
- Understand how our words and tone of voice affect others.
- Craft your language to influence others more powerfully.
- Influence yourself for greater confidence, motivation, and solution focus.
- Gain skill in using calm focus to manage stressful situations.
Module 1: Improvisational Leaders
- Great Leaders in Action
- Five Improvisational Keys
- Improvisational Planning
- Relationship with Followers
- Common Goal (Win-Win Solutions)
- The Many Advantages Improv Leaders Have
- Demonstration of Improvisational Leadership
Module 2: Solution-Focus Approach
- How our Brains React to Leaders
- How to Enable Good Brain Responses
- The Power and Efficacy of a Solution Focus
- Learn How to Focus Your Mind on a Desired Solution
- Creating Mental Images and Feeling States That Influence Toward Success
- Positive Reframes
Module 3: Art of Agreement
- “Yes And” — Developing the Agreement Muscles
- “Yes, Lets” — Developing the Ability to Build on Others’ Ideas
- Positively Leading and Redirecting Conversations with These Approaches
Module 4: Innovation
- Using “Yes and” for Greater Creativity
- Redirecting Poor Quality Thinking Without Diminishing Enthusiasm
- Goal Clarity
- The Power of Diversity for Rich Brainstorming
Module 5: Creative Conflict
- Preventing Conflict
- Using Improv Methods to Keep People Focused on a Common Goal
- Using “Yes And” to Redirect (and Avoid) Unnecessary Conflict
- Purposefully Using Creative Conflict to Help Shift Perspectives and Find Common Ground
Module 6: Using Improvisational Leadership in Our Daily Lives
- Brainstorming Application Ideas
- Planning to Use “Yes And” at Work and at Home
MDP950 Course Code
For more information on this topic, as well as how Corporate Education Group can help power your organization’s performance, contact us via email or call 1.800.288.7246 (US only) or +1.978.649.8200. You can also use the Info Request Form below!