Solving Problems Using Systems Thinking
- Traditional Classroom: 1-day
- Virtual Instructor-led: Two 3-3.5 hour sessions; Three 2-hour sessions
Today’s constantly changing business environment causes us to move quickly to solve problems while making timely, simple observations about what’s happening around us. This course will help you to take a deeper look at the broader, dynamic context in which problems exist in order to make better, faster, more informed decisions through problem solving.
In this course you’ll learn why systems thinking is important in today’s fast-paced world. You’ll understand the concept of systems thinking and learn practical ways through pragmatic tools to apply systems thinking to your work.
Individuals who will benefit from this course include project managers, program managers, managers, leaders, team leads, and those at any level who need to solve problems.
- Understand systems thinking.
- Develop systems diagrams to more completely understand the broader scope of the problems we face.
- Define the relationships that exist that can lead us to better problem solving.
- Apply systems thinking through pragmatic tools.
Module 1: Overview of Systems Thinking: What, When, and Why
- The Business Case for Systems Thinking
- Identifying the Broader Context of Our Work
- Systems Dynamics
Module 2: Applying Systems Methods and Tools: How
- Systems Mapping
- Diagramming Processes and Relationships
- Systems Thinking in Problem Solving
- Real Problems: Working Through a Systems Thinking Approach
Module 3: Taking It Forward
- Build Your Action Plan
- Course Summary and Next Steps
MDP2056 Course Code
For more information on this topic, as well as how Corporate Education Group can help power your organization’s performance, contact us via email or call 1.800.288.7246 (US only) or +1.978.649.8200. You can also use the Info Request Form below!