Women in Leadership Learning Journey
- 18.5 learning hours paced over 3 weeks
- Virtual Instructor-led
As global companies strive to create an environment in which diverse perspectives, contributions, and talents can flourish, investing in a woman’s leadership initiative is critical to ensure gender diversity and equal opportunity for women are a priority. The Women in Leadership Learning Journey is a highly-interactive program focused on building the mindset and skill set women need to be confident and successful in leadership roles. Throughout this experiential learning journey, participants will explore various dimensions of leadership with a focus on building strong relationships and delivering results. Topics addressed include: communicating intentionally, enhancing self-awareness, recognizing and regulating emotion, exploring diversity, creating a culture of inclusion, developing a strong leadership presence, and capitalizing on your inherent strengths to grow your career.
- Six Virtual Learning Sessions
- Intentional Communications (3.5 hours)
- “Lead Like a Girl”(3 hours)
- EI in the Age of AI: Empathy and Connection (3 hours)
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (3 hours)
- The Art of Managing Up (3 hours)
- Leadership Presence (3 hours)
- Three Self-paced “Bridge” Learning Assignments
- Two 30-minute 1-1 Coaching Sessions (optional)
DiSC® Behavioral Assessment (30 min)
Session 1: Intentional Communication (3.5 hours)
Communication is the number-one capability needed for professional success, but it’s often the area people struggle most with. This session aims to enhance your skills so you can communicate with confidence, intention, and impact. We’ll explore how your personality and preferences impact your communication and learn how to tailor your communications to meet the needs of the receiver as well as problem-solve communication challenges when others have different styles.
- The Goal of Communication
- Tailoring and Targeting Your Message
- Exploring Your DiSC® Report
- Interacting with Other Styles
- Reframing Communication Challenges
- Enhancing Your Personal Effectiveness
At the end of this session, you will be able to utilize a proven global framework to improve the effectiveness and intentionality of your communications with others.
Schedule 1-1 Coaching Session (optional)
Session 2: “Lead Like a Girl”! (3-hours)
This unique session for women leaders is all about tapping into the things you knew before you were trained out of them. You’ll learn to recognize and capitalize on the specific skills women bring to leadership, overcome obstacles to success, and empower yourself and other women.
- Biology vs. Gender: An Important Distinction
- Cognitive and Unconscious Bias
- You as a Leader
- Obstacles to Success
- Five Actions You Can Take to Empower Yourself and Other Women
At the end of this session, you will be able to step into your power as a female leader while empowering other women around you.
Bridge Learning Assignment
Session 3: EI in the Age of AI: Empathy and Connection (3-hours)
Through skill-building exercises and group discussion, this session will help you identify your own challenges with creating positive environments and collaborative relationships as well as overcoming resistance and negativity. Participants will explore tools, techniques, skills, and perceptions to perform their roles and manage their emotions with confidence and positive results.
- Self-assess proficiency in four domains of emotional intelligence (EI)
- Articulate ways to build self-awareness
- Describe techniques for de-escalating personal emotional responses
- Connect a productive conversation mindset with a positive outcome
At the end of this session, you will be able to use your enhanced emotional intelligence skills to better communicate and collaborate with others.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (3-hours)
The goal of this session is to broaden your perspective around your and others’ experiences of dimensions of diversity, power, and privilege.
- Explain the dangers of stereotypes in the workplace
- Recognize how culture and media reinforce unconscious stereotypes
- Identify dimensions of diversity that have shaped your professional opportunities and choices
- Explain the importance of acknowledging and discussing our differences
- Make a personal connection between diversity factors and your relationship to various types of privilege
At the end of this session, you will be able to shape a workplace culture of inclusion and belonging, where all employees feel visible and valued.
Bridge Learning Assignment
The Art of Managing Up (3-hours)
Managing up is about understanding your boss, knowing who you are, and building real relationships with the people who have influence over your career. This session gives you strategies for developing these all-important connections and building more than rapport; you will learn how to quickly assess situations and determine which actions will move things forward.
- Your Leadership Style
- What Managing Up Is
- Our Interaction Styles — Understanding Ourselves and Others
- Strategies for Managing Up
- Strategies for Addressing Difficult Situations
At the end of this session, you will be able to understand the needs and expectations of your manager and use strategies to manage up, influence, and persuade.
Bridge Learning Assignment
Session 6: Leadership Presence (3-hours)
This session provides participants with the tools and skills they need to strengthen their ability to be successful. Whether this means moving into an executive suite, leading a project team, having more impact in an existing role, or aspiring for a new position, the skills taught in this program can take you where you want to be.
- Defining Leadership Presence
- The Big Three: Gravitas, Communication, and Appearance
- Understanding Your Current State as a Leader
- Emotional Intelligence and Savvy Leaders
- Your Brand as a Leader
At the end of this session, you will be able to understand who you are, how you should be leading, whom you need to build alliances with, and how you need to present yourself in order to increase your value to the organization.
CliftonStrengths® Finder Assessment
MDV2051 Course Code
For more information on this topic, as well as how Corporate Education Group can help power your organization's performance, contact us via email or call 1.800.288.7246 (US only) or +1.978.649.8200. You can also use the Info Request Form below!
Info Request Form