Building Trust and Connection
- Traditional Classroom: ½-day
- Virtual Instructor-led: One 4-hour session; Two 2-hour sessions; One 3-hour session
As artificial intelligence (AI) automates more and more managerial tasks, the relational competencies that make us the most human are rising to the top in importance. Building trust and connection with others is at the heart of these capabilities. In this interactive session participants will explore the importance of building strong relationships, learning how to: develop and rebuild trust; lead with empathy; active three levels of listening; and engage in deep dialogue.
Individuals who will benefit from this course include new and experienced managers, supervisors, team leaders, and individuals who want to strengthen their relationships and build trust and connection with others.
- Identify the components of “the trust equation” and the interaction between them.
- Describe actions that build trust and demonstrate reliability.
- Articulate a business case for building trust.
- Self-assess on key metrics of credibility.
- List the 13 behaviors of high trust.
- Practice active listening techniques in a real-life scenario.
Module 1: Building Strong Relationships
- Welcome and Introductions
- Activity: The Key to Building Strong Relationships that Last
- What Are You Leaving in Your Wake?
Module 2: Balancing the Trust Equation
- The Trust Equation
- Activity: Applying the Trust Equation to Stakeholder Groups
- Video: “The Speed of Trust”
Module 3: The Business Case for Trust
- Trust and Organizational Performance
- The Four Cores of Credibility
- Activity: Credibility Self-Assessment
- 13 Behaviors of High Trust
Module 4: Trust and Empathy
- Leading with Empathy
- Empathy at Work
- Video: Empathy and Being Present
Module 5: Active Listening
- Three Levels of Listening
- Verbal and Nonverbal Active Listening Skills
- Activity: Paired Role-Play
Module 6: Course Summary and Next Steps
MDV829c Course Code
For more information on this topic, as well as how Corporate Education Group can help power your organization’s performance, contact us via email or call 1.800.288.7246 (US only) or +1.978.649.8200. You can also use the Info Request Form below!