The 5G Connection: Helping a Multi-Generational Workforce Thrive
- Traditional Classroom: ½-day
- Virtual Instructor-led: One 4-hour session; Two 2-hour sessions; One 3-hour session
Many workplaces now have five generations of workers at all levels of the organization, which can present a challenge in how different generations view the world, communicate, and work. Adopting a leadership strategy that addresses the distinctive needs of various generations in the workplace will enable you to foster collaboration, enhance communication, and harness the strengths of your full workforce. The goal of this session is to increase your ability to build trust and respect within a multi-generational team, enabling them to communicate and collaborate more effectively.
- Identify the five generations currently in the workforce.
- Recognize key events, factors, and forces that occurred during formative years for each generation.
- Articulate various impacts of ageism in the workplace.
- Dispel common generational myths and misconceptions.
- Utilize empathy and verbal active listening techniques to actively explore generational differences.
- Define digital communication norms for your team.
Module 1: Overview of the Five Generations
- Defining the Five Generations
- Generational Characteristics
Module 2: Forces That Shaped Us: From Boomers to Zoomers
- Baby Boomers
- Gen Xers
- Generation Z
Module 3: Ageism and Age-Related Stereotypes
- Stereotypes and the Danger of a Single Story
- Video: Dr. Poornima Luthra on “Generational Intelligence”
Module 4: Dispelling Generational Myths and Misconceptions
- Generational Stereotypes
- Communication Filters
Module 5: Building Trust Using Three Levels of Listening
- What Does it Mean to “Listen”?
- Three Levels of Listening Defined
- Verbal Active Listening Techniques
- Generational Differences Listening Activity
Module 6: Enhancing Communication and Collaboration
- Actions You Can Take
- Developing Digital Communication Norms
- Bringing It Together: What Will You Do to Make a Change?
MDV2010c Course Code
For more information on this topic, as well as how Corporate Education Group can help power your organization’s performance, contact us via email or call 1.800.288.7246 (US only) or +1.978.649.8200. You can also use the Info Request Form below!