The Project Coach: How to Stretch and Develop Others While Getting the Work Done
- Traditional Classroom: 1-day
- Virtual Instructor-led: Two 3-3.5 hour sessions; Three 2-hour sessions
Business coaching has evolved from fad to fundamental. Having the ability to coach and develop others is a necessary skill for all project managers. But with so much to do and so little guidance, how do project managers successfully stretch and develop others while getting the work done? Successful coaching is based on asking rather than telling and on challenging rather than giving directions, as well as by holding a person accountable for results.
Individuals who will benefit from this course include anyone whose role includes coaching or leading others.
- Describe what coaching is and is not.
- Compare the difference between coaching and mentoring.
- Identify the skills that managers need to be effective workplace coaches.
- Explain how to structure a coaching session with team members.
- Understand how to coach for development and higher performance.
- Suggest a useful framework for a coaching session.
- Overview and Learning Objectives
Performance Relies on Environment
- Examine diverse cultural attributes and identify the pros and cons of each
- Examine and assess cultural preferences
- Consider what type of coaching technique best aligns to different corporate cultures
How to Find the “Right” Talent
- Ask for what you need, not who you want
- Project manager as coach — roles and responsibilities
- Connect others
- Select diversity
- Start at the top
- How to say no
- Rules of engagement model and practice
Feedback: How to Give It, How to Receive It
- Feedforward model
- How to transition from feedback to coaching
The GROW Model
Coaches Listen — Really Listen
- The alien challenge to build listening skills
- Case Study
- Real opportunities
MDV1593 Course Code
For more information on this topic, as well as how Corporate Education Group can help power your organization’s performance, contact us via email or call 1.800.288.7246 (US only) or +1.978.649.8200. You can also use the Info Request Form below!