Change Management for Project Managers
- Traditional Classroom: 1-day
- Virtual Instructor-led: Two 3-3.5 hour sessions; Three 2-hour sessions
Project managers are the original change agents. Projects are usually a result of some change either in the business environment, technology, or government. In this workshop we’ll discuss business changes and their impact on projects and the project manager’s role in managing changes. You’ll earn the key elements to a successful change and assessing your organization’s capacity for change.
Individuals who will benefit from this course include managers, directors, and project managers.
- Review change theories and discuss change management projects.
- Evaluate your change readiness.
- Understand types of change initiatives and how they differ.
- Learn how to the change and overcome resistance to change.
- Use a structured process to enable successful change.
Overview of Change
- What Is Change in a Project Management Context?
- Your Organization’s Capacity for Change
- Exercise: Take an Evaluation Questionnaire and Discuss Concerns About Change and Your Organization
- Types of Change
- The CMMI® Change Management Philosophy and Process Improvement Cycle
- What You Need for Successful Change Implementation
The Seven Steps to Successful Change Management
- Leading the Change
- Creating a Shared Need
- Practical Application Session: Choose a Project or Change and Identify What You Have Done/Should Do to Lead the Change and Create a Shared Need
- Shaping a Vision
- Exercise: More of/Less of Brainstorming
- Elevator Speech
- Mobilizing Commitment
- Sufficient Resources
- Addressing Resistance to Change
- Stakeholder Analysis
- Creating an Influence Strategy
- Exercise: Perform a Stakeholder Analysis and C a Stakeholder Influence Strategy
- Monitoring Progress
- Tools for Monitoring Progress and Sharing Status
- Taking Corrective Action
- Practical Application Session — Perform a Force-Field Analysis and Identify Areas That Help/Hinder the Change
- Finishing the Job
- Anchoring the Change
- Embed and Reinforce the Change
- Continually Monitor
- Discussion: What Happens When You Omit a Piece of the Change Process?
- Practical Application Session: Choose a Project That Did Not Go Well — What Steps Were Skipped? What Could You Have Done to Improve That Project?
Summary and Action Planning
MDV000 Course Code
For more information on this topic, as well as how Corporate Education Group can help power your organization’s performance, contact us via email or call 1.800.288.7246 (US only) or +1.978.649.8200. You can also use the Info Request Form below!