Set up a High-Performance Project Management Office (PMO)
- Traditional Classroom: 1-day
- Virtual Instructor-led: Two 3-3.5 hour sessions; Three 2-hour sessions
Participants will learn the essentials to setup a high-performing project management office (PMO) based on fundamental best practices. Participants will be exposed to the various supported PMO organizational structures, associated functional services, and key setup activities to establish and maintain a high-performing PMO to improve project performance based on the latest PMI® standards and PMO Specific Interest Group (PMOSIG) findings. Individual exercises combined with interactive group discussions will guide participants through a comprehensive best-practiced methodology to setup a high-performing PMO.
Individuals who will benefit from this course include directors/leaders, portfolio, program, and project managers, vice presidents, CIOs, and PMO administrators.
- Set up a High-Performance Project Management Office (PMO)
- Learn the benefits to set up a PMO to further promote project management competency development, standardization, project performance, and alignment to corporate strategic plans.
Module 1: PMO Fundamentals
- PMO Terminology and Concepts
- PMO-Related Standards/Group
- PMO Success and Failure Factors
- PMO Benefits and Challenges
Module 2: PMO Organization
- PMO Value and Justification
- PMO Models and Authority Levels
- PMO Metrics
- PMO Roles and Responsibilities
Module 3: PMO Functional Services
- PMO Functional Service Prioritization
- Monitor/Controlling Project Performance
- PM Competencies/Methods Development
- Multi-Project Management
- Strategic Management
- Center of Excellence (CoE)
Module 4: PMO Setup
- PMO Charter
- PMO High-Performance Characteristics
- PMO Performance and Sustainability
- PMO Reporting and Evaluation
MDP3009 Course Code
For more information on this topic, as well as how Corporate Education Group can help power your organization’s performance, contact us via email or call 1.800.288.7246 (US only) or +1.978.649.8200. You can also use the Info Request Form below!