Work Package Planning for Team Members
- Traditional Classroom: 1-day
- Virtual Instructor-led: Two 3-3.5 hour sessions; Three 2-hour sessions
This course covers the practice and methodology of work package planning including work package tracking and how to successfully handle multiple work packages. Participants will engage in individual exercises, interactive group discussions and team workshops designed to guide them through a structured methodology to successfully complete project work.
Individuals who will benefit from this course include project managers; project and team leads and project team members.
- Breakdown work into a logical schedule and calendar.
- Develop and organize project work into detailed work package plans to achieve project objectives.
- Realistically plan the project work execution while taking into account the context, stakeholders and material and financial resources.
- Obtain delivery approval from key stakeholders to control and document work package performance.
- Track, monitor, and report on work package performance.
- Master techniques to successfully handle multiple work packages.
Module 1: Work Package Introduction
- Work Package Definition and Context
- Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) Outline
Module 2: Work Package Planning
- Work Package Decomposition
- Work Package Schedule Diagramming
Module 3: Work Package Tracking
- Establishing Work Package Metrics
- Performance Indicators (Schedule/Budget)
Module 4: Handling Multiple Work Packages
- Multiple Work Package Challenges
- Work Package Prioritization Techniques
- Work Package Urgency vs. Importance
- Work Package Dashboards
MDP1053 Course Code
For more information on this topic, as well as how Corporate Education Group can help power your organization’s performance, contact us via email or call 1.800.288.7246 (US only) or +1.978.649.8200. You can also use the Info Request Form below!