How to Communicate Successfully with Project Teams
- Traditional Classroom: 1-day
- Virtual Instructor-led: Two 3-3.5 hour sessions; Three 2-hour sessions
Participants will be introduced to various forms of communication and the skills to effectively communicate critical project information in a concise, timely, and targeted format. Participants are provided examples, taking into consideration communication barriers, verbal and nonverbal messaging elements, group and electronic communications, and intercultural diversity.
Individuals who will benefit from this course include project managers, project leaders, team members, administration, and management.
- Develop effective communication techniques for communicating project information.
- Evaluate and understand project stakeholders and their communication needs.
- Effectively communicate your message to different audiences.
Module 1: Effective Communication Elements
- Definition and Project Context
- Communication Model and Forms
- Constructive Feedback
- Active Listening
Module 2: Communication Barriers
- Filters and Selective Perceptions
- Attitudes, Beliefs, and Values
- Emotions and Meanings
- Noise and Environmental Factors
- Language and Misinterpretation
- Differences and Assumptions
Module 3: Verbal and Nonverbal Communications
- Written and Oral: Styles and Guidelines
- Tactile: Handshaking Techniques
- Spatial: Personal Space and Interaction
- Vocal: Voice Pitch, Tone, Volume, and Pace
- The 7%-38%-55% Rule: Study Findings
Module 4: Group Communications
- Mass Distribution and Media Channels
- Organizational Networks and Meetings
- Public Speaking and Presentations
- Interpersonal Communication Styles
Module 5: Electronic Communications
- Website Content and Components
- Social Media Use in Project Management
- Email Etiquette, Structure, Methodology
Module 6: Intercultural Communications
- Cultural Diversity Considerations
- Cultural Sensitivity and Awareness
- Cultural Impacts on Project Communications
- The Spectrum of Prejudice
Wrap-Up and Action Planning
MDI1433 Course Code
For more information on this topic, as well as how Corporate Education Group can help power your organization’s performance, contact us via email or call 1.800.288.7246 (US only) or +1.978.649.8200. You can also use the Info Request Form below!