Program Management Practitioner (PgMP® ) Accreditation
- Traditional Classroom: 3-day
- Virtual Instructor-led: Six 3-hour sessions
This course teaches the experienced project manager the skills, tools, and techniques needed to prepare to take the PMI® Program Management Practitioner (PgMP® ) certification exam. The course is based on the PMI® Standard for Program Management, Fourth Edition®. The course presents a high-level overview of portfolio management and an overview of the program management life cycle and all related knowledge areas, and deep dives into key program management areas of concern.
Individuals who will benefit from this course include program managers, project managers moving from managing projects to managing programs, program managers who are interested in taking the PMI® PgMP® exam, and all professionals seeking to improve their program management skills and knowledge.
- Gain a deep understanding of portfolio management and program management.
- Describe the characteristics of a portfolio and a program.
- Describe the differences between a portfolio and a program, and between a program and a project.
- Describe the domains of program management: Program Strategy Alignment, Program Life Cycle Management, Program Benefits Management, Program Governance, and Program Stakeholder Engagement.
- Obtain the skills, knowledge, and tools needed to prepare for and pass the PMI PgMP exam.
Module 1: Defining Program Management
- What Are Programs, Portfolios, and Projects?
- The Program Manager Role
- The Domains of Program Management
- Module 1 Sample Exam
Module 2: Program Strategy Alignment
- Definition and Development of Program Strategy
- Module 2 Sample Exam
Module 3: Program Benefit Management
- Program Benefit Management Process
- Module 3 Sample Exam
Module 4: Program Stakeholder Engagement
- Program Stakeholder Management Process
- Program Manager Mindset
- Module 4 Sample Exam
Module 5: Program Governance
- Program Governance and the Program Management Office
- Program Transitioning and Change Management
- Module 5 Sample Exam
Module 6: Program Management Life Cycle
- Program Activities and Integration Management
- Module 6 Sample Exam
Module 7: Program Management Support Activities
- Program Definition Phase Activities
- Program Planning Phase Activities
- Program Delivery Phase Activities
- Program Closure Phase Activities
- Module 7 Sample Exam
MDI1075 Course Code
For more information on this topic, as well as how Corporate Education Group can help power your organization’s performance, contact us via email or call 1.800.288.7246 (US only) or +1.978.649.8200. You can also use the Info Request Form below!