Apply Business Analysis to Iterative Projects
- Traditional Classroom: 2-day
- Virtual Instructor-led: Four 3-hour sessions
Individuals who will benefit from this course include:
- Business analysts with two or more years of experience and their managers
- Self-taught business analysts requiring a course that fills in skill gaps
- Systems analysts and programmers interested in expanding their roles
- Quality assurance professionals
- Project managers
- Understand the nature of iterative life cycle models.
- Distinguish between project management life cycle and systems development life cycle.
- Assess a project environment and determine the degree of rigor to which business analysis techniques are applied.
- Understand the role of the BA on projects employing modern iterative methodologies.
- Perform tasks associated with the BA role in all phases of iterative projects.
- Describe iterative and agile project management principles and techniques.
- Describe how the role of the BA in iterative projects aligns with the knowledge areas of the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge (BABOK®).
- Compare and contrast the characteristics and applicability of current iterative and agile models including Unified Process, Microsoft Solutions Framework (MSF), eXtreme Programming (XP), Scrum, Crystal, and Dynamic Solutions Delivery Model (DSDM).
- Spectrum of process rigor
- Main themes of iterative projects
- Iterative life cycle phases
- Inception phase: activities and techniques
- Kickoff meeting
- Vision statement
- Problem statement
- Stakeholder perspective table
- Business use case analysis and prioritization
- Risk log
- Elaboration phase: activities and techniques
- Iterative elaboration
- Iteration plan
- Use case model
- Domain model
- Sizing and estimating
- Release points
- Baselining requirements
- Transition phase: activities and techniques
- Lessons learned
- Spiral model
- Unified Process (UP)
- Microsoft Solutions Framework (MSF)
- eXtreme Programming (XP)
- Dynamic Solutions Delivery Model (DSDM)
Module 1: System Development Life Cycles
- Overview of Life Cycles
- Process Rigor
Module 2: Iterative Themes
- Main Themes of Iterative Models
- Overview of the Iterative Life Cycle
Module 3: Inception
- Overview of the Inception Phase
- Inception Phase Artifacts and Techniques
- Risk Management
Module 4: Elaboration
- Overview of the Elaboration Phase
- Use Cases and Domain Models
- Iteration Planning
- Estimating Techniques
Module 5: Construction
- Overview of the Construction Phase
Module 6: Transition
- Overview of the Transition Phase
BAV117 Course Code
For more information on this topic, as well as how Corporate Education Group can help power your organization’s performance, contact us via email or call 1.800.288.7246 (US only) or +1.978.649.8200. You can also use the Info Request Form below!