United Parcel Service (UPS)
As UPS dove into the process of implementing initiatives for cost savings and improved service, they quickly recognized that more advances would be possible with a world-class learning and development program that reinforced UPS requirements.
CEG Project Management Solution:
CEG worked with UPS to design and develop a customized project management certificate program from the ground up and to deliver the program to their associates. In partnership with the internal project management team, it was determined that it was important for the audience to understand most of the Project Management Institute (PMI)® knowledge areas and be able to incorporate this knowledge with how they already conduct projects. Together with the organization, we identified existing tools and developed organization-specific case studies as an important component of the program.
CEG customized the project management curriculum to incorporate the necessary elements and establish a certification process for participants. We worked with UPS to provide:
- New criteria to select candidates working on high-priority company projects
- A rigorous and customized project management program that integrated UPS-specific practices, tools, and examples into course lectures and materials
- Evaluation tools for before, during, and after the training program
- Measurement criteria of the training program's impact on the company's million-dollar projects
- To date, CEG has trained over 1000 individuals
- The trainees consist of project managers in Business, IT, Finance/Administration, Customer Solutions, and other departments that handle large projects (over one million dollars) that are aligned to UPS' critical initiatives
- UPS managers reported improved teamwork and project planning as well as better work quality and productivity following the training program
For more information on this topic, as well as how Corporate Education Group can help power your organization’s performance, contact us via email or call 1.800.288.7246 (US only) or +1.978.649.8200. You can also use the Info Request Form below!
Management and Leadership Training Solutions CatalogDownload Catalog
Leadership Learning Journeys
Our Leadership Learning Journeys provide unique collaborative learning experiences that mirror key aspects of the work environment.Learn More
Inclusive Leadership Learning Journey
Create and sustain work environments in which diverse perspectives, contributions, and talents flourish.Learn More
- ©2024 Corporate Education Group, operated by CEG Operating Company, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
- PMI®, PMP®, CAPM®, PgMP®, PMBOK®; and the PMI®; Registered Education Provider logo are registered trademarks of the Project Management Institute, Inc. CBAP® and IIBA® are registered trademarks of International Institute of Business Analysis. All other trademarks mentioned on this site are property of their respective owners. All rights reserved. CEG is an approved Channel Partner within the Blanchard Partner Network and is licensed to market, sell, and train SLII®.