Communicating with Clarity and Impact
- 1-hour session Duration
- MDI1371a Course Code
Communication is a foundation skill that impacts an individual's success in both business and life. The way we communicate with others informs higher-level capabilities like influencing, emotional intelligence, conflict management, and leadership. In this highly interactive course we will use the Everything DiSC® framework as a lens to explore and understand communication needs, styles, and preferences.
Before the workshop, participants will take the Everything DiSC® Assessment and receive a 20-page personalized profile. They will bring this profile to class and will explore it to identify their own communication strengths and challenges. Using a video case study, participants will reflect on the skills involved in increasing their effectiveness with other styles. They will also practice techniques to assist them in tailoring their message to meet the needs of their audience.
This course involves individual reflection, collaborative work in pairs and small groups, as well as role-play.
- Infer how their personality impacts their communication preferences.
- Identify individual priorities, motivators, and stressors with regard to communication.
- Determine how communication styles and combinations impact work with others.
- Utilize specific strategies to enhance communication effectiveness with styles different from their own.
- Leverage knowledge of DiSCŪ style differences to depersonalize conflict.
Create a learning solution that best meets your company’s unique needs! This course, along with our entire library of courses, can be tailored and delivered privately for your team.
Want this program for yourself or just a few individuals? We’ll set you or your employees up with a personal trainer for a series of live, virtual skills-coaching sessions.