Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certification Program
- Traditional Classroom: 9-day
- Virtual Instructor-led: Eighteen 3.5-hour sessions
Lean Six Sigma quality-improvement methods focus on reducing defects, streamlining processes, and improving product quality. This program focuses on the advanced skills in the Lean Six Sigma approach.
Black Belt Training provides comprehensive development for Lean Six Sigma specialists to build on Green Belt training and develop dedicated resources for improvement projects.
Black Belt training is targeted for dedicated Lean Six Sigma full-time practitioners that lead client process improvement projects.
- Tollgate Review (TGR) coaching sessions will be provided to support participants with their projects
- Seventy-five (75) question online certification exam will be administered last day of class
- 70% passing score is required
The Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Training is foundational and a prerequisite for this course.
Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certification
To achieve a CEG Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certification, each participant must successfully complete the course, which includes attending all sessions, completing assignments, passing a final exam, and completing a relevant project, for which he or she is the lead, within 12 months of the class end-date.
- Understand Lean Six Sigma advanced skills and tools using the DMAIC process.
- Learn leadership and team skills.
- Apply skills in project management, process management, Lean, and statistical analysis to business issues.
- Understand organizational change process and tools.
- Close out projects upon completion and to sustain gains.
- Utilize statistical analysis software to analyze and visualize data.
Module 1: Overview of Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Program
- Overview of Six Sigma and Lean
- Comparison of Black Belt and Green Belt
- Project Selection
- Exercise: Elevator Speech
- Black Belt Roadmap
- Exercise: Reinforcing the Six Sigma Mindset
Module 2: Define Phase
- Review Charter, VOC/CTQ, COPIS, Team Performance
- Kano Model
- CTQ Tree
- Project Management Toolkit
Module 3: Measure Phase
- Exercise: Communication
- Review Measurements, Classifying Data, Data Collection, and Variation
- Flow Metrics
- Lead Time, Cycle Time, WIP
- Takt Time
- Value Stream Mapping
- Sampling Methods
- Simple Random Sampling
- Systematic Random Sampling
- Stratified Random Sampling
- Cluster Random Sampling
- Measurement System Analysis and Gage R&R
- Process Capability
- Histogram Reviews
- Normality Plot
- Descriptive Statistics
- DPMO Calculation
- Process Sigma Calculation
- Assessing Process Capability
Module 4: Analyze Phase
- Review Key Green Belt Analyze Concepts
- Correlation and Regression
- Confidence Intervals
- Hypothesis Testing
- Change Acceleration
- Facilitating Teams
- Executive Presence & Presenting Up
- Creativity & Innovation
Module 5: Improve Phase
- Review Idea Generation, Selecting a Solution, Piloting and Implementing, and Change Leadership
- Lean Tools
- 3M — Muda, Muri, Mura
- 8 Wastes — TIMWOOD Plus
- Sequence of Events
- Design of Experiments
- Cost-Benefit Analysis
Module 6: Control Phase
- Review of Key Tools and Concepts from Green Belt Control Phase
- Risk Management
- Control Charts
- Project Closure
Module 7: Wrap Up and Exam
- Review of Black Belt DMAIC
- Exam Prep
- Project Next Steps
Duke Continuing Studies
You can also earn this certificate through CEG’s alliance with Duke Continuing Studies to build professional credibility with quality training backed by a renowned higher-education institution.
Participants who opt for the CEG/Duke Continuing Studies Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certification Program are required to pass a 30-question exam at the end of each 3-day session to earn a co-branded certificate of completion jointly issued from CEG and Duke Continuing Studies.