Introduction to Lean Six Sigma
- Traditional Classroom: ½-day
- Virtual Instructor-led: One 4-hour session; Two 2-hour sessions; One 3-hour session
This half-day instructor-led course is intended to provide participants with a high-level understanding of how the Lean Six Sigma DMAIC process improvement methodology has helped organizations make dramatic improvements in the reduction of errors (effective delivery) and the removal of waste (efficient delivery). The session will present the mindset and basic toolset necessary to see waste, remove waste, and become more effective in efficiently delivering customer requirements.
Individuals who will benefit from this course include anyone working in a culture that emphasizes effective and efficient quality delivery of products and services.
- Describe the eight categories of waste and clearly see simple examples.
- Determine the benefits of collecting key performance data.
- Define simple ways to continuously improve processes and results.
- Determine common forms of process waste.
- Develop the confidence to reduce or eliminate waste through simple improvements.
- Identify process performance, improvement, and control with DMAIC methodology.
- Gain an enhanced understanding of the power of data.
- Become competent in establishing measurements of key performance outputs and inputs.
Module 1: Define Lean Mindset and Toolset
Module 2: Illustrate the Eight Forms of Waste
- See Real-World Examples from Each Category
- Exercise: Work in Teams to Identify Opportunities
Module 3: Clarify DMAIC Problem-Solving Methodology
- Demonstrate the Effect of Variation
- Common Cause/Special Cause and Control Charts
Session Summary and Action Planning
MDI894 Course Code
For more information on this topic, as well as how Corporate Education Group can help power your organization’s performance, contact us via email or call 1.800.288.7246 (US only) or +1.978.649.8200. You can also use the Info Request Form below!