Lean Six Sigma Champion Training
- Traditional Classroom: 2-day
- Virtual Instructor-led: Four 3-hour sessions
This two-day instructor-led workshop is intended to provide leaders with the mindset and toolset necessary to incorporate the Lean Six Sigma (LSS) Continuous Improvement culture into the organization and develop short- and long-term plans. Participants will learn the essential factors around removing waste, reducing variation, measuring critical factors, and empowering employees to look for opportunities to continuously improve processes and remove waste within day-to-day tasks.
Those who will benefit from this course include leaders and managers responsible for setting up and supporting a continuous improvement structure.
- Explain Lean principles.
- Define waste in an organization and opportunities to eliminate waste.
- Set up a continuous improvement structure.
- Ability to define and support Lean Six Sigma Continuous Improvement.
- Confidence to reduce or eliminate waste through simple improvements.
- Ability to identify process performance, improvement, and control methods.
Module 0: Introduction
- Goals and Objectives
- Exercise: What Is Your Vision for Lean Six Sigma?
Module 1: Foundational Concepts
- What Is a Lean Six Sigma Enterprise?
- Continuous Improvement — Kaizen
- Mindset and Tools of Lean and Six Sigma
- Benefits to Your Organization
- Best Practices of Lean Six Sigma Organizations
Module 2: The Role of a Champion
- Role Definition
- Exercise: Brainstorm Communication Ideas
- Filling the Pipeline
- Selecting the Appropriate Methodology
- Process Maturity Matrix
- DMAIC Project
- Reviewing Progress
- Champion Checklist for Each Phase
Module 3: Lean Concepts and Techniques
- Eight Forms of Waste
- Value Stream Mapping
- Exercise: Create a High-Level Value Stream Map
- One-Piece Flow
- Exercise: Moving from Batch to One-Piece Flow
- Kanban Pull System
Module 4: Six Sigma Concepts and Techniques
- Root Cause Analysis
- Concept of Variation
Module 5: Recap and Next Steps
- Action Planning
- Project/Event Selection
- Morning Meeting Sample Agenda
- Visual Control Board Example
- Sample Problem Statements and Structures
MDI340D Course Code
For more information on this topic, as well as how Corporate Education Group can help power your organization’s performance, contact us via email or call 1.800.288.7246 (US only) or +1.978.649.8200. You can also use the Info Request Form below!