Lean Six Sigma Process and Value Stream Mapping
- Traditional Classroom: 2-day
- Virtual Instructor-led: Four 3-hour sessions
This two-day interactive workshop explores the tools and techniques used to drive velocity that delivers value-add outputs to the customer. The hands-on exercises use the process and value stream mapping techniques to analyze the efficiency and effectiveness of a process. Participants will use Visio or similar software for the mapping exercises.
The primary audience for this course is anyone working in a culture that emphasizes effective and efficient quality delivery of products and services.
- Explain the basics of and the benefits of when to use process and value stream mapping techniques.
- Select the appropriate symbols when mapping a process.
- Create three types of process maps.
Module 1: Foundation Concepts
- What Is Process Improvement?
- 3Vs of Quality Improvement: Variation, Velocity and Value
- Identifying Company Value Streams
- Types of Waste
- Continuous Flow and Leveling
Module 2: Process Mapping
- Process Map Conventions and Symbols
- High-Level Process Map (SIPOC)
- As-Is Detailed Process Map
- Deployment Process Map
- Analyzing a Process Map
Module 3: Value Stream Mapping
- Value Stream Map Conventions and Symbols
- Value-Add Matrix and Analysis
- Time Value Map
- Value-Add Chart (Takt Time)
Module 4: Best Practices for Mapping
- Create a Value Stream Plan
- Practical Approach Guidelines
- Analysis — Product versus Information
- Data Collection Hints and Tips and Pitfalls
- Individual versus Group
- Face-to-Face versus Virtual
- Critical Components
- To-Be/Improved State
MDI1414 Course Code
For more information on this topic, as well as how Corporate Education Group can help power your organization’s performance, contact us via email or call 1.800.288.7246 (US only) or +1.978.649.8200. You can also use the Info Request Form below!