Leveraging Diverse Thinking to Drive Innovation
- Traditional Classroom: ½-day
- Virtual Instructor-led: One 4-hour session; Two 2-hour sessions; One 3-hour session
This course focuses on the benefits of embracing a diversity of perspectives and experiences when working in teams, specifically to promote idea generation and creative problem solving. The goal of this session is to increase your ability to drive innovation by building cognitive diversity and fostering both critical and creative thinking within your team.
- Articulate the intimate connection between critical thinking and creative thinking.
- Recognize the importance of defining the right problem.
- Apply various problem-solving approaches to real-life challenges.
- Leverage different tools and techniques to generate divergent and convergent thinking.
- Employ selected techniques and models to enhance the quality and robustness of your decisions.
- Integrate creative and critical thinking to engage in problem-solving challenges.
Module 1: Foundation Concepts
- The Relationship Between Critical Thinking and Creative Thinking
- Bloom’s Taxonomy
- Defining “Creative”
- Classic Thinking Styles
- Thinking Styles on Your Team
Module 2: Rethinking the Design of Work
- Basic Problem-Solving Model
- Solving the Wrong Problem
- Video: The Five Whys
- Fishbone or Ishikawa Diagram
- Root Cause Analysis
Module 3: Generating Alternative Solutions
- Obstacles to Problem Solving
- Functional Fixedness
- Alternative Uses Activity
- Thinking Outside the Box
- Divergent and Convergent Thinking
- Idea Generation — Brainswarming
Module 4: Evaluating Alternatives
- De Bono’s Six Thinking Hats Technique
Module 5: Types of Problems We Encounter
- Verbal Intelligence Problems
- Logical Intelligence Problems
- Pattern Recognition Problems
- Lateral Thinking Problems
- Visual/Spatial Intelligence Problems
MDV2010f Course Code
For more information on this topic, as well as how Corporate Education Group can help power your organization’s performance, contact us via email or call 1.800.288.7246 (US only) or +1.978.649.8200. You can also use the Info Request Form below!