Strategic Practices That Drive Results
During this training session, participants will experience a blend of traditional classroom training, team application activities, online research, and potential investigative exercises designed to provide senior leaders with the skills to drive a business forward. This session focuses on how to use proven techniques for developing and executing a company's business strategy.
You will learn to:
- Plan and organize with efficiency.
- Shape a business strategy based on the current marketplace and future factors.
- Assist your organization in setting a new course.
- Introduce innovation into the strategic equation.
- Understand the threats and risks a business faces.
- Make every employee part of the larger plan.
- Communicate with impact.
- Assignment 1: Organizational Strategy Statements – “Can You Say What Your Strategy Is?” – Harvard Business Review
- Assignment 2: Strategically Valuable Resources – “Competing on Resources” – Harvard Business Review
Estimated Time Commitment: 1 hour
Module 1: Introduction
- Exercise: One Person to Assist with Building and Executing Your Strategy
- Strategic Battle
Module 2: A Foundational Model for Strategic Success
- Foundational Strategic Model
- Assess Current State
- Competitor View
- Forecast the Future
- Define Your Strategy
- Exercise: Strategic Model
- Assessing Your Options: Futures Wheel
- GOST Framework
Module 3: Change Management
- GE Change Management Model
- Championing a Strategy
- Communications Strategy
- Monitor Progress
- Exercise: Change Management – Communication Strategy
Module 4: The Blue Ocean
- Advanced Strategic Thinking – Coalesce
- Exercise: Blue Ocean – Innovative Strategy
- Group Coaching Session
- Practice Skills and Preparation: Interim Work and Action Planning
Estimated Time Commitment: 1.5 hours