This session in the Strategic Leaders Certificate Program prepares candidates to drive results by aligning company culture with the organization's goals. As a leader, you will gain the ability to recognize what type of company culture will increase employee retention, while at the same time delivering positive outcomes for the business.
You will learn to:
- Assess and understand the influences that create silos.
- Assist your organization in bridging existing silos.
- Create structures that encourage global teamwork.
- Assignment 1 – Harvard Business Review Strategy Blog – "The First Two Steps Toward Breaking Down Silos"
Estimated Time Commitment: 1 hour
Module 1: Assessing Your Current Organizational Structure
- Kinds of Silos
- Exercise: Assess Your Organization's Structure
- Silo Formation
- The Downward Spiral
Module 2: Creating a Unified Team
- Exercise: Creating a Unified Team
- Ways to Mitigate Conflict and Unify a Team
- Decision-Making Process
- Conflict Resolution
- Communicating for Clarity and Transparency
Module 3: Establishing Structure to Support Your Organization
- Structures to Support the Organization
- Exercise: Bridging Silos
- Next Steps and Action Plan
- Group Coaching Session
- Practice Skills and Preparation: Interim Work and Action Planning
Estimated Time Commitment: 1.5 hours