Business Analysis Readiness Assessment
Achieving proficiency in business analysis takes just the right blend of practical experience, learned concepts, and dedicated diligence. However, it also takes a certain level of self-awareness and an objective point of view of one’s current capabilities. In the case of business analysis mastery, no two starting points are the same, and thus, learning pathways must be based solely on your unique needs.
Corporate Education Group’s Business Analysis Readiness Assessment is designed to provide the accurate, in-depth insights that you need to achieve significant performance improvements within your organization.
Corporate Education Group’s Business Analysis Readiness Assessment is an online diagnostic tool designed to assess depth of business analysis expertise — at the individual or group level. The Business Analysis Readiness Assessment helps evaluate your organization’s current knowledge in each of the IIBA®’s Guide to the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge® (BABOK® v 3.0) six core Knowledge Areas.
Our assessment is recommended for organizations interested in:
- Broadening employees’ own awareness of their strengths and areas for improvement
- Defining role requirements and accountability
- Discovering hard to reveal skill gaps for current and newly-hired business analysts for:
- Determining skill levels (beginner, intermediate and advanced), procedures, and business analysis protocols within an organization
- Benchmarking a group of business analysts against their peers
- Defining skill-gap intervention plans
- Creating learning paths and career paths for business analysts within organizations
- Understanding hiring, training, and consulting needs
- Measuring overall effectiveness of training programs as well as gauging individual, group, and organizational skill-gap improvement over time
Question Breakdown by Competency
Our unique assessment takes less than two hours to complete and randomly selects 50 multiple-choice questions from a bank of 87 “practice-oriented” questions. The assessment randomizes the order each question is presented, and then randomizes the answer choices for each question. This triple-randomization process creates an individualized assessment for each participant. No participant will receive the same assessment. The 87 assessment questions include questions from each of the BABOK® v3.0 Knowledge Areas:
|BABOK® v3.0 Knowledge Areas||Number of Questions|
|Business Analysis Planning & Monitoring||17|
|Elicitation and Collaboration||28|
|Requirements Analysis and Design Definition||13|
|Requirements Life Cycle Management||13|
Each individual’s competencies are rated using the following scale (organizations can also define their own rating scale if they choose):
- 90% – 100% Expert: Coaches and supports other utilizing breadth of experience or specialized depth of expertise
- 76% – 89% Proficient: Exercises a breadth of knowledge and skills to address complex situations without guidance
- 50% – 75% Functional: Regularly applies knowledge or skills to routine situations, occasionally requiring guidance
- 20% – 49% Aware: Possesses knowledge and is familiar with concepts, but has not applied them to a real situation
- 0% – 19% Unaware: Does not recognize this knowledge or skill dimension
Ratings can then be prioritized by individual, group, or organizational levels to help target training efforts, set employee improvements plans, and ensure your organization has the right business processes and systems in place.
The online objective assessment is hosted on the Questionmark platform, and reporting includes: an individual report, a rolled up group summary report, and an optional executive summary and recommendations report. Data can either be attributed to an individual or that information can be kept confidential. We can also capture additional information such as individual’s title/role, business unit, region, etc. for further analysis of results.
Executive Summary (Optional)
After the assessment has been deployed and results tabulated, a subject matter expert (SME) will analyze the data from the online objective assessment to derive what the strengths and weakness are of the business analysts and develop a training solution plan that will meet the client’s needs. For additional insights; focus groups may also be conducted and those findings threaded within the analysis. The report will be 5-10 pages and includes the following:
- Executive Summary
- Results Analysis as well as Assessment Summary Table
- Rating Scale Summary Table and Analysis
- Rating by Knowledge Area Summary Table and Analysis
- Common Themes
- Recommendations including a detailed assessment of recommended learning objectives and pathways
For more information on this topic, as well as how Corporate Education Group can help power your organization’s performance, contact us via email or call 1.800.288.7246 (US only) or +1.978.649.8200. You can also use the Info Request Form below!
Info Request Form
- ©2023 Corporate Education Group, operated by CEG Operating Company, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
- PMI®, PMP®, CAPM®, PgMP®, PMBOK®; and the PMI®; Registered Education Provider logo are registered trademarks of the Project Management Institute, Inc. CBAP® and IIBA® are registered trademarks of International Institute of Business Analysis. All other trademarks mentioned on this site are property of their respective owners. All rights reserved. CEG is an approved Channel Partner within the Blanchard Partner Network and is licensed to market, sell, and train SLII®.