Sprint Planning and Retrospectives — Team Based
- Traditional Classroom: ½-day
- Virtual Instructor-led: One 4-hour session; Two 2-hour sessions; One 3-hour session
The overall goal of this course is to provide participants with the knowledge to participate in or facilitate sprint planning sessions so that all stories selected for the sprint/iteration comply with the Definition of Ready. We will also explore the value, input, and outputs and facilitate a compelling retrospective.
Individuals who will benefit from this workshop include members and leaders of agile project teams.
- Identify the importance of and process to run effective sprint planning and retrospective events.
- Workshop Orientation
Sprint Backlog Items Review
- Exercise Reviewing the Backlog
Story Sizing Based on Volume, Uncertainty, Complexity, Knowledge
- Exercise Adding and Estimating Tasks
Setting a Sprint Goal
- Exercise Developing a Sprint Goal
Facilitating a Retrospective
- What Should We Keep Doing and What Should We Stop Doing?
Summary and Next Steps
MDV5012 Course Code
For more information on this topic, as well as how Corporate Education Group can help power your organization’s performance, contact us via email or call 1.800.288.7246 (US only) or +1.978.649.8200. You can also use the Info Request Form below!