Agile for Everyone
- Traditional Classroom: 1-day
- Virtual Instructor-led: Two 3-3.5 hour sessions; Three 2-hour sessions
More and more workplaces are adopting an agile mindset when it comes to managing projects, whether they are technical or non-technical. Traditional project management is not always the right choice, especially when projects are innovative, complex, or when requirements are uncertain. This course will provide a basic understanding of agile practices and terminology. Participants will apply common agile techniques to a non-technical project in order to become fluent in agile terminology and understand the flow of an agile project. This course focuses on agile from all the various roles, not just the team point of view, so participants leave with a fuller understanding of planning and executing in an agile environment.
Individuals who will benefit from this course include those with little or no understanding of agile project management, those who work with teams that are actively using agile project management, and those who want to understand agile on a basic level.
- Define and use agile terminology.
- Describe and practice a variety of agile processes.
- Define some of the differences between agile and traditional waterfall project management.
Module 1: Foundation
- History of Agile: Agile Manifesto and Principles
- Overview of Agile Methodologies
- Benefits of Agile
Module 2: Visioning
- Roles: Product Owner, Scrum Master, Agile Coach, Stakeholders, Team
- Product/Project Vision and Objectives
- Create User Stories
- Define Relationship Between: Features, Themes, Epics, User Stories, and Tasks
Module 3: Planning
- Creating Product Backlog
- Time Estimating of Tasks: Poker, T-Shirts, Affinity
- Estimating Effort & Sequencing
- Prioritizing with Stakeholders
- Plan Work, Sprints or Other Ways
- Minimum Viable Product
- Release Planning
Module 4: Execution
- Creation of Kanban Boards
- Daily Scrum Meetings
- Adjusting to New Priorities
- Sprint Review Meetings vs Sprint Retrospectives
- Determine Velocity
MDP593 Course Code
For more information on this topic, as well as how Corporate Education Group can help power your organization’s performance, contact us via email or call 1.800.288.7246 (US only) or +1.978.649.8200. You can also use the Info Request Form below!