Optimize Project Schedule and Risk with Agile Estimation
- Traditional Classroom: 1-day
- Virtual Instructor-led: Two 3-3.5 hour sessions; Three 2-hour sessions
This comprehensive one-day course guides participants on how to create optimal, iterative, risk-tolerant project schedules by applying the learned best-practiced agile estimating and risk management techniques.
Individuals who will benefit from this course include executives, business sponsors, portfolio managers, program managers, product managers, project managers, project team leaders, project team members, project subject matter experts, project management office staff, and anyone interested in learning more about leveraging best-practiced agile estimating and risk management techniques.
- Define agile project planning concepts.
- Learn and apply proven agile estimating and risk management techniques.
Module 1: Agile Project Planning
- Agile Planning Onion
- Product Vision and Roadmap
- Releases, Themes, and Epics
- Iteration Planning with User Stories
- Exercise: Team Workshop on Applying Agile Planning Best Practices
Module 2: Agile Estimation in Practice
- Definition and Findings
- Exercise: Class Discussion on Agile Estimates
- Benefits and Techniques
- Relative Sizing
- Story Points
- Planning Poker
- Expert Judgment
- Exercise: Team Workshop on Applying Agile Estimation
Module 3: Risk Introduction
- Exercise: Class Discussion on Risk
- Risk Concepts and Factors
- Cone of Uncertainty
- Organic and Overt Risk Management
- Exercise: Class Discussion on Risk Factors and Practices
Module 4: Agile Risk Practices
- Risk Practices Overview
- Impediments List
- Risk Register and Risk Census
- Risk Matrix and Burn-Down Chart
- Risks in Agile Project Initiation/Closure
- Minimal Viable Product (MVP)
- Exercise: Group Workshop on Applying Agile Risk Practices
MDP588 Course Code
For more information on this topic, as well as how Corporate Education Group can help power your organization’s performance, contact us via email or call 1.800.288.7246 (US only) or +1.978.649.8200. You can also use the Info Request Form below!