Start and Finish on Target with Agile User Stories and Retrospectives
- Traditional Classroom: 1-day
- Virtual Instructor-led: Two 3-3.5 hour sessions; Three 2-hour sessions
This comprehensive one-day course guides participants on how to effectively initiate and complete projects by applying agile best-practices to manage project requirements and lessons learned.
Individuals who will benefit from this course include executives, business sponsors, portfolio managers, program managers, product managers, project managers, project team leaders, project team members, project subject matter experts, project management office staff, and anyone interested in learning more about leveraging best-practiced agile user story and retrospectives techniques.
- Describe agile requirements management, types, perceptions, and challenges.
- Define agile user story definitions, benefits, roles, and personas.
- Apply user story best practices to achieve smart requirements.
- Describe the definition, benefits, and challenges involved in conducting agile retrospectives.
- Learn key steps and tips involved in an agile retrospective framework.
- Practice various techniques in conducting efficient agile retrospectives.
Module 1: Agile Requirements Overview
- User Stories
- Defects and Errors
- Non-Functional Requirements
- Technical Debt
- Exercise: Class Discussion on How Effective Agile Requirements Promote Project Success
Module 2: User Story Best Practices
- Definitions and Benefits
- Roles and Personas
- Components and Lifecycle
- Requirements Gathering Techniques and Prioritization
- User Story Format and Acceptance Criteria
- INVEST Model and the Definition of Done
- Exercise: Group Workshop on Applying User Story Best Practices
Module 3: Retrospective Introduction
- Definitions and Perspective
- Benefits and Supporting Agile Principles
- Differences to Other Project Closing Activities
- Exercise: Learning from Project Mistakes
Module 4: Agile Retrospective Framework
- Planning and Logistics
- Setting the Stage
- Gathering Data
- Generating Insights
- Creating the Action Plan
- Closing and Moving On
- Exercise: Group Workshop on Applying Retrospective Framework
MDP585 Course Code
For more information on this topic, as well as how Corporate Education Group can help power your organization’s performance, contact us via email or call 1.800.288.7246 (US only) or +1.978.649.8200. You can also use the Info Request Form below!