Sprint to Project Success with Agile Scrum
- Traditional Classroom: 2-day
- Virtual Instructor-led: Four 3-hour sessions
This comprehensive two-day course guides participants in the application of the best-practiced agile framework and practice of scrum to increase project performance and success. Participants will learn and apply key scrum roles, artifacts, and events in interactive class discussions and group workshops.
Individuals who will benefit from this course include executives, business sponsors, portfolio managers, program managers, product managers, project managers, project team leaders, project team members, project subject matter experts, project management office staff, and anyone interested in learning more about leveraging and applying agile Scrum.
- Introduce the scrum framework including key scrum roles, artifacts, and events.
- Get hands-on experience in applying the scrum framework in a team environment.
Module 1: Scrum Introduction
- Scrum Definitions
- Scrum History
- Scrum Framework
- Product Backlog Grooming
- Exercise: Group Discussion on Applying Scrum in Non-IT Projects
Module 2: Sprint Preparation
- Sprint Definition and Perception
- Sprint Guidelines
- Sprint Workflow
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Sprint Planning
- Exercise: Group Workshops on Sprint Planning
Module 3: Sprint Execution
- Sprint Swarming
- Daily Scrum
- Team Velocity and Burndown Chart
- Sprint Cancellation
- Scrum of Scrums
- Exercise: Group Workshops on Sprint Execution
Module 4: Sprint Closure
- Sprint Review
- Sprint Retrospective
- Exercise: Group Workshops on Sprint Review/Retrospective
MDP585 Course Code
For more information on this topic, as well as how Corporate Education Group can help power your organization’s performance, contact us via email or call 1.800.288.7246 (US only) or +1.978.649.8200. You can also use the Info Request Form below!