SAFe Product Owner/Product Manager
- Traditional Classroom: 2-day
- Virtual Instructor-led: Four 3-hour sessions
Develop the skillsets needed to guide the delivery of value in a Lean enterprise — and learn about the activities, tools, and mechanics used to manage backlogs and programs — by becoming a SAFe® 4 Product Owner/Product Manager (POPM). During this two-day course attendees will gain an in-depth understanding of the Agile Release Train (ART), how it delivers value, and what they can do to effectively perform their role.
Participants will also learn how to apply Lean thinking to write epics, break them down into features and stories, plan and execute iterations, and plan program increments. Finally, participants learn about the Continuous Delivery Pipeline and DevOps culture, how to effectively integrate as product owners and product managers, and what it takes to relentlessly improve the ART.
Individuals who will benefit from this course include the following:
- Product managers, product line managers, product owners, business owners, and business analysts
- Solution managers, portfolio managers, program managers, PMO personnel, and process leads
- Enterprise, solution, and system architects
One or more of the following prerequisites are recommended for students planning to attend this course and take the PMPO certification exam:
- Attend a Leading SAFe® course
- Experience working in a SAFe environment
- Experience with Lean, Agile, or other relevant certifications
- Apply SAFe in the Lean enterprise.
- Connect SAFe Lean-Agile principles and values to the PO/PM roles.
- Collaborate with Lean Portfolio Management.
- Explore continuous value with program increment planning.
- Execute the program increment and deliver continuous value.
- Articulate the product owner and product manager roles.
- Create a role action plan.
- Eligibility to take the SAFe® PO/PM (POPM) exam.
- One-year certified membership as a SAFe® PM/PO upon passing the exam.
- One-year membership to Scaled Agile.
- Attendees may be eligible to apply for 15 PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute® (PMI®) for PMP®, PgMP®, and PMI-ACP® certifications.
- Applying SAFe in the Lean Enterprise
- Relating a Lean-agile Mindset to the Product Owner and Product Manager Roles
- Collaborating with Lean Portfolio Management
- Continuously Explore Customer Needs
- Executing the Program Increment
- Defining the Product Owner/Product Manager Roles and Responsibilities
- Creating a Product Owner/Product Manager Action Plan
MDP3004 Course Code
For more information on this topic, as well as how Corporate Education Group can help power your organization’s performance, contact us via email or call 1.800.288.7246 (US only) or +1.978.649.8200. You can also use the Info Request Form below!