SAFe® Scrum Master
- Traditional Classroom: 2-day
- Virtual Instructor-led: Four 3-hour sessions
In this two-day course participants will gain an understanding of the role of a Scrum Master in a SAFe® enterprise. Unlike traditional scrum master training that focuses on the fundamentals of team-level Scrum, the SAFe Scrum Master course explores the role of the Scrum Master in the context of the entire enterprise and prepares participants to successfully plan and execute the Program Increment (PI), the primary enabler of alignment throughout all levels of a SAFe organization. This includes learning the key components of Agile at scale development, how Scrum is facilitated throughout the enterprise, and how to execute iteration planning.
Participants will also discover how to build high-performing Agile teams by becoming a servant leader and coach and how to coach those teams to deliver maximum business value at scale. SAFe 4 Scrum Master (SSM) certification signifies that people are prepared to perform the role of Scrum Master in a SAFe environment, increasing their value to teams and organizations that are implementing SAFe.
Individuals who will benefit from this course include the following:
- New Scrum Masters who need to perform the role.
- Existing Scrum Masters who would like to understand the role in the context of a SAFe enterprise.
- Team leads who want to understand the Scrum Master role.
- SAFe Release Train Engineers who want to coach Scrum Masters on their role.
All are welcome to attend this course, regardless of experience. However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended for those who intend to take the SAFe® Scrum Master (SSM) certification exam:
- Familiarity with Agile concepts and principles.
- Awareness of Scrum, Kanban, and eXtreme Programming (XP).
- Working knowledge of software and hardware development processes.
- Describe Scrum in a SAFe enterprise.
- Facilitate Scrum events and facilitate effective iteration execution.
- Support effective Program Increment execution.
- Support relentless improvement.
- Coach agile teams for maximum business results.
- Support DevOps implementation.
- Eligibility to take the SAFe® Scrum Master (SSM®) exam.
- One-year certified membership as a SAFe® Advanced Scrum Master upon passing the exam.
- Attendees may be eligible to apply for 15 PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute® (PMI®) for PMP®, PgMP®, and PMI-ACP® certifications.
Introducing Scrum in SAFe
Characterizing the Role of the Scrum Master
Experiencing Program Increment Planning
Facilitating Iteration Execution
Finishing the Program Increment
Coaching the Agile Team
MDP3003 Course Code
For more information on this topic, as well as how Corporate Education Group can help power your organization’s performance, contact us via email or call 1.800.288.7246 (US only) or +1.978.649.8200. You can also use the Info Request Form below!