- Traditional Classroom: 2-day
- Virtual Instructor-led: Four 3-hour sessions
In this two-day course, attendees will gain the knowledge necessary to lead a Lean-Agile enterprise by leveraging the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®), and its underlying principles derived from Lean, systems thinking, Agile development, product development flow, and DevOps. Attendees will also learn and practice the skills for supporting and executing PI Planning events and coordinating multiple Agile Release Trains (ARTs).
Attendees will gain an understanding of the Lean-Agile mindset, why it’s so effective in today’s adapt-or-die marketplace, and what it means to lead a Lean-Agile transformation. They’ll also learn how to build and support Agile teams and programs, empower a Lean Portfolio, build a Continuous Delivery Pipeline and DevOps culture, and coordinate large solutions. They will develop a skillset that’s in demand worldwide — and empower their enterprises to succeed in a disruptive marketplace — when they become a SAFe® Agilist (SA).
Individuals who will benefit from this course include the following:
- Executives and Leaders, Managers, Directors, CIOs, and VPs
- Development, QA, and Infrastructure Management
- Program and Project Managers
- Product and Product Line Management
- Portfolio Managers, PMO, and Process Leads
- Enterprise, System and Solution Architects
- Understand the five core competencies of the Lean Enterprise.
- Become a Lean-thinking manager-teacher.
- Apply the values and principles of a Lean-Agile mindset.
- Apply SAFe’s Lean and Agile principles to the roles and practices of SAFe.
- Create high-performing teams by establishing mission and purpose.
- Lead the transformation with the SAFe Implementation Roadmap.
- Support PI Planning and the events associated with successful program execution.
- Drive release on demand with the Continuous Delivery Pipeline.
- Establish alignment and execution with Strategic Themes and Lean Portfolio Management.
- Coordinate multiple Agile Release Trains and suppliers with a Solution Train.
- Attending this course prepares you to take the SA exam and become a SAFe® Agilist. Attendees who pass the exam receive a SAFe Agilist certificate, a one-year certified membership as a SAFe Agilist, and a SAFe Agilist branding kit with the SA certification mark.
- One-year membership to Scaled Agile.
- Eligible to apply for 15 PDUs toward your continuing education requirements with PMI® for PMP®, PgMP®, and PMI-ACP® certifications.
All are welcome to attend this course, regardless of experience. However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended for those who intend to take the SAFe® Agilist (SA) certification exam.
- 5+ years’ experience in software development, testing, business analysis, or product or project management
- Experience in Scrum
- Introducing the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®)
- Becoming a Lean-Agile Leader
- Establishing Team and Technical Agility
- Experiencing Program Increment (PI) Planning
- Releasing on Demand with DevOps
- Building Business Solutions and Lean Systems
- Implementing Lean Portfolio Management
- Leading the Transformation
- About the Exam
MDP3002a Course Code
For more information on this topic, as well as how Corporate Education Group can help power your organization’s performance, contact us via email or call 1.800.288.7246 (US only) or +1.978.649.8200. You can also use the Info Request Form below!