St. Joseph Health System
Health care reform is driving transformational changes in how the industry delivers and measures performance throughout the value stream. For premier providers of patient care like St. Joseph Heritage Healthcare (SJHH), an ambulatory ministry of the Saint Joseph Health System in California, this translates to an increase in overall workloads and a major shift in payment and service models towards ambulatory instead of acute care. To offset the resulting revenue impact, the support organizations inside health care provider organizations will have to remain nimble, more efficient and increase productivity.
- New leadership and realigned team
- Rapid organizational growth
- Reactive not proactive response to business demands
- Skill and experience gaps across the team
- Limited processes, governance and controls
- Integrated capability improvement program balances short- and long-term objectives
- Leadership development workshops and coaching
- Training in project management and business analysis
- Adoption of project management methodology, requirements practices and communication methods
- A strengthened culture where employees felt more valued and were more innovative, forward-thinking, and people-centered
- Increased employee confidence in handling challenging communications and conflict
- A shift in managers’ focus to managing with less time spent on day-to-day details
- Better alignment of performance goals with measurable, attainable outcomes
- Enhanced skills for new managers in demonstrating authority while earning respect from previous peers
To get the full story and more details, download the complete case study.
For more information on this topic, as well as how Corporate Education Group can help optimize your organization's performance, contact us or call 1.800.288.7246 (US only) or +1.978.649.8200.